I started smoking Pot when i was 16, I became an everyday user when I turned 18 (someone bought me a bowl for my birthday and it literally started that day) and now at the ripe old age of 21 I'm trying to quit. Like most people I've gotten the while high, I'm never going to do this again paranoia, but of course once the wave of paranoia passed I'd just do it again.

I kind of feel like a whimp for having such a hard time getting over Pot, when I think of Withdrawal I think of the Meth Heads who literally have to go through hell to get over a drug. They get extremely ill and have potentially life threatening complications. Weed withdrawl is nothing that major, but I do imagine it's much like withdrawal from Tobacco.

I've run out of pot and I'm too low on money to rationalize spending more money on it. I'm on my third day of "Withdrawal" and man it sucks. My sleep cycle has gone to hell, since starting the withdrawal and it's gotten worse every night. Day 1: I slept from 4:30AM to 1PM, Day 2 from 5:30AM to 2PM and last night it took me till 7:30 AM (we just changed the clocks so it felt like 6:30) to fall asleep waking up at 3PM.

Along with the hellish sleep cycles, I'm getting heat flashes or as I call them "Weed flashes." I have a headaches similar to the ones one would get with severe dehydration and I'm depressed as hell. I actually cried today which never happens (unless I'm watching a sports movie). I have a very low appetite, but that's fine I'm trying to shed a few pounds anyways.

I love Pot. But it just costs too much and makes me slower than I know I should be. I'd love to go back to pot, when I'm more stable and settled into life but right now I just don't think it's best for me.

I've been running the past few days to keep me busy, this has helped but not as much (for me) as some people claim.

I just bought some Valerian Root and Melatonin to help stabilize my mood and potentially help with the lack sleep. I'll update on how they're helping or not helping.

Random Note: Valerian Root smells like a vagina filled with urine. DON'T TAKE A WHIFF IF YOU BUY IT!!!

Anyways my hope is that this forum gives me a place to write down what I'm going through and a place to talk to other people like me going through this. And If I'm able to pull through maybe this will help someone who has yet to take the steps to getting off Weed and battleing through the crappy times that immediately follow.

Thanks for your time,
Dave

Detoxing from Pot is harder than most people think. I'm right there with you Dave. I started smoking about a year ago and have been into it pretty heavily since. While I'm not trying to permently quit yet, every once in a while I try to take a week off for good measure.

I'm on my fourth day now of not smoking and man, it's hell, as I am sure you know. The depression, imsomnia, and those awful headaches you were talking about. I've been putting down Excedrine like hell to try and get my head to stop throbbing.

Honestly, the worst part for me is the stomach pains. Does anyone know why this happens? It's like indigestion, lack of appetite, and massive heartburn all rolled into one. I just can't imagine why weed, which seems to be such a head high, can give my stomach so much trouble.

And they say marijuana and a relatively weak withdrawal process. I can only image what a herion addict has to go through to get straight. God, it must horrible.

Best of luck to you Dave! Keep on keepin' on!

Hey Dave here checking in.

OK, let's get down to it.

It is now the morning of day 7,Anyways, I'm doing way better. But I don't want to jump ahead.

Day 4 was shear hell! more of the same but all the exhaustion and frustration from lack of sleep and lack of pot kinda built up. Kept getting the weed flashes. I used the Valerian Root during the days to help calm me down. It doesn't work that well, maybe a little, maybe it's just a placebo, It's hard to tell. This was by far the worst night of them all, as I regressed from falling asleep super late (early really) to just not sleeping. This made all the other symptoms worse, and just made me feel run down as hell. I noticed that the depression seemed to be getting better, but the cravings got worse. The "Weed Flashes" continued to be bad, but i read somewhere to think of it as your body getting rid of the THC, so that thought did help and I saw the whole thing as "If this sucks for me, it's murdering all those THC bastards lingering around." Also IDK why it took so long but i started drinking tons of water. DO THIS!!!! You'll pee a ton but it helps cleanse everything out. Anyways I decided to take a little vacation to see the folks, I needed a change of scenery so I booked a bus from Boston to NYC. I'd leave the next day.

Day 5 after coming off no sleep, I boarded the bus exhausted. I got about an hour of sleep on the bus, but not nearly enough. I got home around 5:30PM, It was nice to see the folks. I told them that my girlfriend (whom I live with) and I had a little bit of a fight and I'd been having a really hard time sleeping lately so if I seemed off that was why (not lying but avoiding the whole I've spent my college years addicted to pot) I did however tell my sister who was also visiting from Med School. It was nice having one person know what I was going through, and she was very sympathetic and happy for me. Anyways Lost was on that night and having something to look forward to lifted my spirits for the first time since I stopped. After Lost, I passed out!!! It was wonderful.

Day 6 I woke up feeling great!!! I slept from 10:30 PM to 10:45 AM!!!! 12 hours and 15 minutes of sleep, you have no idea what that'll do for a guy. My mom, sister and I decided to take our dog to Sandy Hook beach to go swimming. It was almost 70 degrees out, my sister and I threw a baseball, it was really just a great time. I'd be lying if I said I never thought about pot, but I didn't dwell on pot like everyday before. The "Weed Flashes" were extremely minimal and my appetite returned (then again my moms a great cook) That night my whole family watched the new South Park which was ok, but it's still South Park so it's better than 95% of the other shows on TV. After everyone went to bed I played video game for about an hour than decided to go to bed. It took a little while to fall asleep about 3 O'clock, but that's really not bad considering i'd just come off 12 hours of sleep and was without any sleeping aid.

Its the morning of day 7, I woke up at 8:30 AM, I blame that on my bright room and loud family over anything weed related though. IDK what the day has in store but I wanted to write in before anything happened.

Anyways, If anyone has any questions or comments feel free.

To the one guy who posted, Yeah the headaches suck, drink tons of water that helped for me alot. The stomach thing you're going through sounds rough, I never got too many stomach pains, I just felt that kinda hungry when your sick, when you know you're hungry but food just seems like a gross idea. Keep on Truck'in man I'm sure by the time you read this the worst will be over.

The real test for me now is not getting back into a pot routine.

Have a Day!

-Dave

Hi there

Just given up a week back (oz a week at least for about 10 yrs).....haven't got much advice yet, but would say to the second poster...in regards to your stomach pains. These can be linked to stress and anxiety which of course are symptoms of giving up weed so fingers crossed they won't last for too long.

Anyway good luck to you all.

Hi

Just on day 8 (oz a week for about the last 5 yrs but been smoking reg for about 16 yrs)
Not much advice to give at the moment. I would say to the 2nd poster (guest) in regards to your stomach problems... these can be caused by stress and anxiety which of course are symptoms of quitting weed. You may not feel stressed mentally but the body does have its way of letting you know .Hope all this makes sense?
A GP should be able to help with this, but fingers crossed they won't last to long for you.

Anyway good luck to you both.....

ok so i have been smoking pot for about 8 years not(since i was about 13)...and i just recently quit about 4 days ago...and now i am going thru some crazy withdrawls symtoms...and not sure wut to make of it...

currently i am experiencing chest pain, anxiety, nausae, accelerated heart beat, loss of appetite, headaches, general feeling oh blah, not being able to sleep at all...

so basically i was just wondering if these are normal or if i should go get checked out by a doc

i just need some insurance because i find myself gettin really freaked out about my symtoms...and think sometime i am dieing...
plz help

Marijuana withdrawal symptoms include: Irritability Restlessness Anxiety Hostility Depression Insomnia Excessive sweating Loss of appetite The most common withdrawal symptom of marijuana during detoxification is anxiety, because the drug will increase the production in the Dopamine and serotonin receptors. When marijuana is stopped it will cause a drastic drop in these two hormones, causing anxiety. because of these symptoms of withdrawal, that is why 78% go back to smoking it. If you can get through six months of hell, your life will be new again. I wish you the best.

Hey,
concerning the stomach pains I would ask you to go see a doctor about them. The reason being that THC is natures most effective anti-emetic drug so its very possible that you had stomach problems for a while already and didnt notice it because of the cannabinoid completely blocking this feeling. It might also be an after-effect of nicotine withdrawal since nicotine among other things influences digestion with known effects being f.e. bloated belly or obstipation. Maybe the doctor will prescribe Metoclopramid or something or maybe you just have to deal with them, but better make sure everythings in the green.
Cheers, Aku.

im not sure if eney one will get this or not but is confution and dizzyness a symptom to because i sufford a cuncution about 4 to 5 months ago and im not sure if i have a blood clot or something wrong with my brain so can some one please help i am really scared

It sounds like anxiety to me. Confusion and dizziness are common symptoms of anxiety and fearing those symptoms will keep them alive. So, stop fearing them...

Come off cannabis many times before after long smoking periods. I do not smoke tobacco at all, just grass through a pipe. Takes at least 2 weeks for appetite to start returning to normal and dreams become much more lucid for weeks on end too. Takes sometime for my head and anxiety to calm down, often around the 2-3 month period or longer. The worst thing for me is the constant uncomfortable feelings in my bowels as if they never want to stop sh**ting. Where it all comes from is a mystery, I seem to sh*t what feels like 2 or 3 times more than I actually eat. This goes on for month after month normally reaching the 6/7 month period to experience any sort of normalisation at all. Also my body odour changes and smells like stale milk. That's the main reason why I go back to smoking because it's just unbearable for all that length of time.

It's just a matter of gruelling patience and the willpower to normalise through the processes I've mentioned for at least half a year. It's tough, but for me time is the only healer and yet even more willpower not to smoke again. 

I haven't smoked weed in a couple days and I seem to have anxiety.i just lay aroun with no energy and I cried alot today? Has anyone experienced this? What can I do to help relieve the anxiety? It's so hard to control I don't even know if it's from withdrawals but I also have had no appetite at all and it really sucks. If anyone can help me I'd greatly appreciate it. I used to never feel like this until I started smoking marijuana I highly regret ever touching that stuff and I just wanna be off that stuff for good. I don't really have cravings just physical symptoms almost like I'm sick

Ugh, the most frustrating thing for me is the non-existent appetite. I shouldn't say non-existent, I always feel hungry and then as soon as I start eating my body just rejects it. That and the complete lack of sleep.

I'm a 21 year old student who has been a daily smoker for about 3 and a half years. I just finished third year of school, which means this is the third time I've had to go through this. I come home for every summer to work at my job, but mostly to somewhat detox after 8 months away at school smoking daily and frequently. I should specify that I don't quit when I'm home, but can rarely smoke when I want, out of respect for my parents' house rules.

I moved back Sunday, so I'm only on day 4, but it's been a nightmare for me, this has been the worst when yet I'd say. Good luck to all of my fellow weed withdrawelees. 

Time is the only way.  Your brain is playing catch up.  A therapist once told me that most habitual weed smokers dont mature at the correct pace in their brains.  For example - you see a 22 year old pot head and he has the demeanor of a 15 year old...because he has slowed the maturity cycle of his brain.

Getting off weed is diffcult - you dont have to prove that to anyone (I know personally from experience).  Anyone who laughs at you and says "its just weed - weeed isnt addictive" - they are ignorant.  BUT - this is also great for you at the same time...it helped me.  Everytime someone would say that to me, id get in a "hissy fit" and be like f**k you, yes it is addictive, but then i realized i could use to help me quit.  I kept telling my brain over and over and over....its just weed, your not addicted.  (even though i was addicted on a mental level).

Just remember key things when getting off pot:

Time heals - its going to be months before you feel like a normal person.

Occupy yourself - Boredum and weed....they're like best friends...dont let yourself get bored because your brain will go for the weed first thing

Force feed - you're not going to want to eat...because you've needed weed to eat for many years.  But you got to - or else you're going to feel EVEN worse.  Force food down if you got to, screw it if you throw up, keep going.  Drink protien shakes, it helps too if you cant develop that appetite.  Get some Ensures and other nutritional snacks that contain a lot of protein and carbs.

Work out - Sweat that sh*t out.  It works...for real.  Speeds up your recovery.

Time - i know i've said this like 45 times....but its the only way to really cure yourself.  Time will get rid of that dizziness...time will soon show you that you were smarter than you ever knew - soon you're going to be walking around thinking your gods gift to humanity because your so smart.

AND IF ALL ELSE FAILS...everytime you feel like smoking...masturbate.

Try it out, what have you got to lose?

lol at the masterbating comment . Do not listen haha i tried to quit and i ended up doing it like 15 times a day and it honestly feels like sh*t ..... the feeling after jacking off feels like sh*t honestly any real stimulation or sex is better . my advice would be if you are willing to go through hell to not need weed then be prepared to wanna beat everyones ass and be devilishly angry every day from the morning to night ..... jus saying ..... i tried to quit and im not because my side effects are probally a little worse than everyone elses .