I have been to many forums over the last several days, looking for help in enduring my opiate withdrawal. Drug Forum is good, but avoid Sober Recovery if you plan to use anything but ZERO ''addictive' meds for withdrawal, from benzos to yes, MARIJUANA. Of all the forums, this one has been the best. There is no judgements here. In another forum, I saw someone who 'jumped' all over another recovery opiate dependent PAIN patient because they were taking gabapentin for withdrawal??? WTF??? Excuse me, but that sh*t is for NERVE PAIN and other serious medical issues and it was prescribed to him. NEVER, EVER tell someone that they should not be taking what their doctor prescribed for them that helps them relieve pain, from opiates to those that are NOT addictive, like gabapentin. Some of these forums are so gung ho about sobriety, it's animalistic. People DO NOT deserve to be in pain if they are a chronic pain patient and you are NOT an addict, even if you choose to get off opiates, ESPECIALLY if you choose to do so on your own when you have CHRONIC PAIN. This is one of the reasons I do not wish to attend online forums. I think NA meetings would be a lot better, even though I won't be going, but what it comes down to here, is a personal decision. Leave people alone and let them do what is most COMFORTABLE for them to be OUT OF PAIN. I got into BIG trouble today on another forum, accused of being 'insensitive' because poor dude was using marijuana to get off alcohol. He started to feel bad for being on it. I encouraged him to get off of it if he felt that way, but I also said that I highly approve of marijuana for medical purposes. OOPS! Sorry, it's legal in my state, I have a tendency to forget that it's NOT In others. Either way, I was accused and then I asked to be released from that forum. I don't need that sh*t and neither does anyone else. Here, people from all walks of life, using various forms of withdrawal methods, experiences, collectively, AND WITHOUT JUDGEMENT. make this the special forum that it is. IF you need marijuana to get through opiate withdrawal? DO IT. If it works for you, all the better. I have seen it work for cancer patients, as well as chronic pain patients. It is RIDICULOUS to force people to be uncomfortable and in pain during withdrawal. It's also medically unnecessary and this does include marijuana as a tool in the arsenal for opiate withdrawal.IT takes guts and courage to quit, whether you're an addict or a pain patient. We ALL have the same desire, to get past opiate withdrawal and we all help one another here. I have seen so many posts with varying degrees of withdrawal as well as coping tools and skills to deal with it. THANK YOU FOR THAT. It has helped me tremendously and this is not my first time here in the last several months trying to get off these pills. They are HELL on wheels. I am on day four, nearly day five and this time I was very prepared. Withdrawal is still VERY unpleasant, but it doesn't have to KILL you, nor do you need to be in SEVERE anything, when there are alternatives and methods available to TREAT symptoms, just like you would a damned flu.If you want to recover, make sure you can do it in a place that won't kick your ass for taking a medication prescribed to you that is NECESSARY to treat your condition. People that discourage this are dangerous an so are their forums. Stay OFF of them. I hope that if you find yourself here, that you know there is help and hope here. I have lived on this forum the last four days and the other two times I went ct. I was too sick the times before and was unprepared, but NOT this time. It's for good now! I don't personally care for MJ but lots of people say it helps. It's hella better than a benzo or another opiate. I've heard Lyrica, Clonidine, A benzo, Immodium AD (diarrhea), zofran (excellent anti emetic) promethazine, tapering, Ibuprofen, naproxen, Tylenol, Robitussin or something with DXM in it, gaba. The THomas recipe, multi vitamins, gatorage, ginger, teas, even stimulants, can help. I can't stress enough though, how important hydration and nutrition are to this process. If you can get a script for zofran or promethazine and you have Immodium AD and some OTC pain relievers...it won't be 'great' by any stretch, but it makes a HUGE difference in keeping things down. I have had not one problem eating or drinking a ton of water the whole withdrawal process and I am CONVINCED this made a HUGE difference for me with regards to the severity. It is dehydration that will make this ten times more difficult then need be. If you are preparing, an anti emetic, Immodium, HEALTHY FOOD and drink are going to save your butt. I didn't feel like exercising, but I forced myself to get up and move around. This helps immensely as well. If you can do this for the first week, you will be GOLDEN. You'll still have PAWS to deal with, but for me, in feeling physically better, it does SO MUCH for me mentally too.Just remember that you CAN do this. And do it in whatever way makes YOU comfortable without judgment.I wish you much peace, hope and happiness in your opiate free life, and if you don't make this this time, PLAN and try, try again! don't give up! And stay with this forum! Blessings!

Amen!...i couldnt agree with you more...i personally have tried only once before to seriously quit..and i made it 6 days..then went and got my script of 5 mg percs filled and fell off the wagon(so to say)...well that was 2 wks ago and they have been gone for days..i have an appt on the 6th of june to get another script..i want to be done with these opiates by then..i do not want to go back and get another refill and have to go thru this damned cycle again..i am on day one completely opiate free..i have taken vitamins and trying to drink plenty of water..havent had any wd's yet..but i know they are coming..i have smoked a little pot twice today and i know it helps..i have a bottle of loprimode(?) As well..that actually helped a great deal last time..

Today is day four for me...feel like S%%%% Been using for over twenty years and this will be the second time coming off opiates. Read your response and wanted to let you know it helps.

How are you doin "lost"?...im on day 8...the last couple havent been bad...but i been having some serious cravings today...got a call from a guy that had some hydrocodones today...told him no thanks..i was proud of myself for doing that..also got a call from a old pill friend...she wanted me to get some for her( which i always kept a couple for the running)..also told her no...im trying so hard to make so many changes in my daily routines...its difficult but im pressing on...hope you are as well...let me know how yur doin....God Bless

Your post was uplifting and you should be very proud of yourself. Soon, you will be enjoying the results of your hard work. Living an opiat-free life.