Hi! My wife had very persistent headaches. After some tests her doctor suggested her gamma-knife radiosurgery. She have brain tumor. Tell me something more about gamma-knife radiosurgery. She can’t sleep at night, and I want to help her.

Hi! Gamma-knife radiosurgery allows doctors to identify abnormal areas in the brain with pinpoint accuracy, making it possible to treat many disorders affecting the brain without ever opening the skull. Despite its name, gamma-knife surgery does not require an incision. The procedure is useful in the management of both benign and malignant brain tumors, especially tumors originating elsewhere in the body that have migrated to the brain. Gamma-knife radiosurgery doesn't have immediate results. Weeks, months, or even years, may pass before the effects of the treatment become apparent. Progress is monitored through follow-up imaging studies. Good luck!