I have these very tender, localized spots on my legs, arms, and torso. They only hurt if I touch them. They started on my thighs and I thought it was because I have dogs that jump up on me and I thought they were tiny bruises. But after 2 months, they are still sore in all the exact same places and hurt worse. They have now spread to othe parts of my body starting near my ankles and up to my upper arms. the really strange thing is that they are all located on the sides of my body and not the front or back. A physicians assistant told me they are lipoma's but everything I have read said those don't hurt unless they are infected. If 15-20 spots and growing are infected in my body, I should probably be more worried than he was. Does anyone else have any ideas?

I am currently under going test for this condition. The difference between you and me are that I have tender spots all over front and back. It actually hurts when my husband hugs me!
I also have issues with my muscles being fatigued after little strain. My muscles are week and often spasm. Does yours?
I have already been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia by a rheumotologist. Since I've been going to a neurologist that is trying to get to the bottom of my pain and misery. Presently he is looking for MS because a brain scan showed white spots in my brain stem.
What I have discovered is having "sore spots" is one of the harder things to diagnose at least it has been for me. I've had multiple MRI's of the cervicle spine and brain, underwent physical therapy 4 times, spinal tap, EMG's, blood work, etc. nothing is showing up.
My guess is you have some type of auto immune issue going on. Has the doctor ordered any blood test? May be a good place to start.
Also do a search on Fibromyalgia. See if these symptoms fit you.
Hope this helps.

I've been having the same issues also paired with fatigue and headaches.. I read on WedMD that dehydration can cause you to get sore spots as well as large amounts of stress. I'm going to hydrate for a week or so and see what happens. :)

I have exactly the same thing that Wendy wrote about in 2009. I noticed the tender spots on the sides of my thighs when I had a bout with sciatica pain. Since then, I have noticed them on my outer arms and trunk. I am not dehydrated and have no other symptoms. I hope and pray it's not the precusor to MS or Fibromyalgia. My acupuncturist would often comment that I had a lot of tender spots but she never elaborated and I never asked about it. I didn't tell her about them either, not sure how she knew. Now I'm kicking myself for not askingher.

I also have sore tender spots in my calfs, thighs and I am now getting them in my upper arms but only on the sides. I had an MRI this past thursday. I have chronic severe pain on the left side of my body that is spreading to the right side. I was diagnosed with Fibro 3 years ago. The pain has gotten much worse since last october and seemed to be localized to my back left shoulder blade so the pain management Doctor thought it was a pinched nerve. NO piched nerve. The MRI I just has this week was because my neuro doctor believes I may have MS.

Tresmom07, I have exactly that issue.  Chronic severe pain left side centered around my shoulder area and goes into my neck and under ribs/flank.  Then got the sore spots on my skin.  Just hurts to touch.  They come and go.  My doc told me to go to a chiro which I have done about 2 years now with no relief.  Fortunately its not spreading to the right side.  Have you gotten any answers?  Anything you do that helps the pain>

Lyrica helps for the Fibro which is what it sounds like you may have especially if it hurts just to be touched.  Have you been diagnosed with that yet? if not, I'm surprised. Look it up on the web. There are certain foods you caan avoid to lessen flare ups. Avoid stress if at all possible. And get leots of rest. Not like you have much choice, Fibro makes you chronically fatiqued.  I would take epson salt baths and my pain doctor gave me an compound gell that is SO  WONDERFUL! To rub on the most tender of areas. Gab, Ket and Lid-- see if you can find a doctor that believes in it first.

Yes, I was referred to the MS clinic at our local teaching school. Thank you for asking!

I, too, have one area on my left thigh that hurts only when I touch it. No visial spot. What is it?

Painful spots that hurt to the touch only directly on the sore spot could be an energy blockage.  Message the spot pressing hard around the sore spot and the pain will go away within a few minutes or after masssaging a few times.  They occur frequently for no apparent reason.  Excercise helps to keep them from occurring.  Give it a try and you will be pleasantly surprised.

Could be the start of a Herpes breakout . Before I get mine the skin on my butt and thighs tend to get sore and very tender . If you don't know you have herpes yet , you won't know until your first breakout. This could be an option in any woman . you could have it for years and get a breakout unexpectedly .

I have sore spots under my skin and little lumps in side legs where knee is swelled hurts to touch. I got that from my family..I have no idea it is so hard to get dr to tell us anything.where do I start?ok I am going to go get blood work done today.I would love to know about my pain it is alful strong meds do help for long.I do have fibromyalgia. I had back and neck operations 2005and 06. I want to start a group for us to support each other how do I start one.?

Oh my gosh u sound just like me! I have severe fibromyalgia and on disability. It is miserable! u need to see a rheumatologist! The doctor will check u for fibro! I also had a brain MRI and white spots also showed up! My sister has MS, but the neuro doc I saw said I did not have MS. Fibromyalgia if severe esp. is terrible! I know i live with it and take 10 scripts, one being a narcotic pain med, hydrocodone with Acetaminophin 7.5mg 3 times a day, that really helps me. I hope u do what Im talking about u sound like a typical fibromyalgic patient!

You can still go back and ask her. It may help many others who experience the same thing...including me. :)

I have this exact problem. I am waiting for the call from a specialist. I am only 20 years old and it causes great pain when I'm working. I hope someone can help me eventually! All of my doctors so far are stumped.

I am going through the same as u.painful to touch and the colour changes to dark,the pain disappeares but leaves a mark.then another spot appeares somewhere.did u get to know what it was?