Hi I'm a 20 year old female. 4 months ago i had my appendix removed laparascopically. I've had severe abdominal pain ever since. I started out with constipation but then started getting severe diarrhea. I have taken about 2 months off work as it can be debilitating. ive had blood tests urine tests fecal tests, c-diff tests, endoscopy and colonoscopy. ultrasound and xray. my stomach is always bloated now. has anyone had any sucess?

I had my the same sx on 6/17/12 with 2 resulting abdominal infections after.  The pain i went through was two fold both pain due to infection and scar tissue.  I had a drain put in my stomach for a total of 4 weeks on two different times.  At the same time I was performing deep tissue scar massage to break down the scar tissue both on the skin and large intestin.  After the infection pain resolved,just the scar pain remained.  That resolved wioth continued massage and added core/abdominal work.  Swimming also hurt but the pain was stretching of the scar tissue.  I currently have no pain with any activity. If I was in your situation I would ask about possible infection and try and resolve scar tissue.

Good luck

Ramon

found it was an infection and build up of scar tissue after an endoscopy. Also now have a gluten intolerance...? thanks for your advice :)

I'm a 42 year old male. Had my appendix out (laproscopic) January 2012. November 2012 I started having tightness in my abdomen, especially after a meal. Sitting at a 90 degree angle (driving, at a desk) made it feel like I had a lump in my abdomen. Reclining slightly relieved the discomfort. Constant dull cramp with burning/pinching in my lower right abdomen. Slight constipation. Iv'e had an ultrasound, CT scan, and blood work. Everything looked normal. I have a colonoscopy pending. I thought all this was a virus or parasite but I'm feeling like it is post-appendectomy related.

I've done a open appendectomy on the 18 of feb, everything went smoothly and I was discharged 5 days later... 3 week after the surgery, i started developing abdominal pain without fever, vomiting. im not sure what is happening to me. The wound of the open appendectomy has open and the deepest part is up to 4cm deep. nurse said to let the wound heal bottom up. not to stitch it up again. the new abdominal pain in worrying... shld i go for a c-diff test? 

I wanted to write in to tell all of the women out there about my story with chronic abdominal pain and how we finally found the cause after 9 months. It was something very simple, very overlooked in women, but also very hard to diagnose in women. I am hoping this can help any woman out there still looking for answers.. 

I am a 23 year old female, who woke up to stabbing pain over my right ovary in May 2012. After about a week, the pain was radiating up below my right rib cage, as well as occasionally down my leg and to the other side of my body. Over the course of 9 months, I couldn't sit for more than an hour, I couldn't lay on my right side, I was throwing up from the pain almost every day, and could barely eat. I had my gallbladder removed last December, so it was first believed that I was having complications 5 months later. Additionally, after initially seeing the doctor, it was also believed that I could have endometriosis. I was sent to two different gynecologists who decided the best idea would be open exploratory surgery. I had this done in June and nothing was found.    

I then went to my GI doctor and the surgeon who removed my gallbladder to see if it could be complications from the surgery; the surgeon said no but the GI said possibly and also thought I could be suffering from Crohn's or Celiacs, or had possible scar tissue from the gallbladder surgery. I then went through a colonoscopy, endoscopy, small bowel series, and numerous blood tests.. the results were all negative. I was then sent for an ultrasound of my kidneys to see if I had kidney stones (I have already had 7 in the past), and then for an MRI of my abdomen. The only thing that showed, which was by sheer coincidence, was 4 liver tumors. I was sent to two different liver specialists, waited for months to see if I had cancer and was told this was the cause of my pain; from there I was sent to a liver transplant surgeon. The transplant surgeon told me that my tumors were benign and this was not the cause of my pain.    

I was sent for another MRI, which showed nothing again but the tumors, and then sent to a urologist. After having a very painful bladder scope to look for IC and a CT scan of my ureters and kidneys, again the results came back negative. After 8 months of every test possible, this was our last resort and off I went to a pain management doctor. The pain management doctor told me there was nothing left they could do for me; I had tried every pain killer, every natural treatment including acupuncture, and every pain patch there was with no relief.

Finally a few weeks ago, while cleaning my room I noticed my right groin area was slightly swollen. I had noticed this back in May but none of the doctor's could feel anything alarming, except a small lymph node that was slightly sore, which they believed was just inflammation from my pain. That night, I noticed if I pushed on that small lymph node I could duplicate my pain. I sat down and did as much research as I could on abdominal swelling in women and came across an article that changed my life. I printed it off, went and saw my doctor the next day (who was not completely convinced this is what it was) and sent me off to a surgeon. The surgeon listened, was not 100% positive it could be the answer, but went in for surgery and found that I was right...   

I had a small, but extremely painful, inguinal hernia. It was along my superficial nerve, causing radiating, severe pain. I don't play sports, I don't exercise, and I have never given birth, so a hernia what not even a thought that crossed any of the doctors minds. As it turns out, it's not something that is often thought of in women with chronic abdominal pain anyway. I was told that only about 8% of women are ever diagnosed with a hernia because it's just not something doctors look for in women. I am two weeks post-op and while I still have pain from the surgery, my stabbing, excruciating pain has not yet returned. 

Also, in another crazy coincidence, my doctor had a 19 yr old patient who came in a week before me in May with ALL of the same symptoms. We received the same diagnoses, saw all the same specialists, and were both finally told we just had "chronic abdominal pain". After finding out that I could possibly have a hernia, I asked my doctor to contact her other patient to recommend she gets looked at for a possible hernia, and as it turns out, that was what she had as well.

I know how frustrating it is to live in chronic pain, whether you are young or older. It was incredibly scary to be told at 23 that I had all of these conditions, including cancer, when I didn't. I finally found the answer I had been praying for amd I am hoping that this could possibly be the cause for some of you out there who don't have answers. If any of you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. I attached the article I found and brought to the doctor

***Post is edited by moderator *** Web addresses not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

it was really useful, I see no attachments, can you you email it to 

***Post is edited by moderator *** Private e-mails not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

Hi I am 28 years old female on the 12 feb 2013 I had my appendixs removed. I am in alot of pain still basically living off codine. All the tests I have had done is an endoscopy and a ct scan,urine test and bloods and the do ctor has discharged me from outpaitents

Off to see the doctor who did the op on the 8th see what he has to say for himself

Hi I had my appendix removed laparascopically almost 3 weeks ago. I have had discomfort in the same place as before I had it removed since the operation, and just thought this was normal. However over the last couple of days it is uncomfortable and quite painful most of the time, but particularly when lying down at night. Can anyone give me advice, Is this normal? Or should I be concerned?

I was 41 when i had my appendectomy. That was 9 months ago. And for 9 months I have had a swollen bladder and a sharp stabbing pain in my urinary tract. when i have the urge to use the bathroom, even just a little, it is very painful. One UTI was detected and treated but I am still having the same issues. I have been checked several times for another UTI and they were negative. Within the last 2-3 months i have noticed a hard lump just above my belly button. It burns and is very painful and when it is inflamed I am constipated. I have an appointment with my urologist on April 3rd. I hope to get more incite as to what is causing all of this discomfort and get it resolved. I just want to feel NORMAL again. 

I'm 19 yr old girl, had my appendix out 3 months ago due to 6-7cm cysts on my ovaries, one on my right ovary blew up 3 weeks prior to my surgery & my appendix was sat in the fluid from the cyst, I was in a crazy amount of pain & had heaps of scans no one could ever see anything but a ruptured cyst, it wasn't until I went to a different doctor (mine was booked out) & he rushed me to ED as I was coughing blood up. Went for the surgery, a week later went back in thinking something went wrong ended up finding out I was pregnant & conceived a week before surgery(dangerous with what went on I know!) unfortunately couldn't carry the baby due to how bad my cysts were, had surgery to remove :( still have 6-7cm cysts & lots of little ones on either ovary. but since my appendectomy my pain in belly has been un bearable (at first I thought it was recovery from both) but it can't be anymore, I'm in & out of surgeon appointments & may be going in to surgery to see what's going on. I can't keep most my food down, my bowls open way to much & my pain gets so bad I can't move sometimes, anyone been through Simalair? So confused just want some answers :(

Hi all, I also had an appendectomy 8/15/14, after a colonoscopy on 8/12/14. too much of a coinsidence if you ask me however, I am always constipated, nauseous and have no appetitie. I was on flagel fro a stomach infection and in the hospital for 7 days. I don't feel healthy anymore. I had no problems before the screening for cancer colonoscopy and appendectom. Will this get better?

I'm 39 I had an appendectomy laperascopicly. It took longer to heal from this than I thought. It's 4 1/2 months later and I get pains everywhere I had an incision. Especially where my appendix was located. But it is mild pain . Mostly after any heavy lifting or strenuous activity. I've decided ill just give it more time to see if it will go away. ? Don't want to have to be cut on again that's for sure. I mostly worry about hernia , I can feel this pressure around my navel.

Same thing happened to me.