I have read a lot of posts about feelings of a weird pressure in your head.  I wanted to share my experience because I actually found the cause of mine and it was cured!  Four years ago it started as a slight dizzy feeling while sitting in a meeting.  I remember thinking "that was weird".  Then I went in the restroom and stooped to pick up a piece of paper towel off the floor.  I felt like I was falling sideways, but when I reached my arm out to catch myself, I hadn't fallen at all.  Then I was scared.  Over the next few days I developed a weird "pressure" in my head that didn't hurt, but it was like nothing I had ever felt before.  It felt like your scalp does when you are intensely scared.  That hair-standing-on-end flushed feeling, yet it moved from side to side over the top of my head and sometimes in the back, almost like those dashboard compasses.  My skull stayed in one place but my brain was swirling around.  At the same time I felt a weird pressure on my face as if someone were touching a pencil to the middle of my nose and as I moved my head back and forth, the pencil stayed in the same spot, so it seemed to move from side to side across my face as I turned my head.  I felt slightly dizzy too.  Well, after seeing the general practitioner, a balance expert who said I passed with flying colors, and a neurologist, I finally saw an audiologist.  I thought I was wasting my time because I didn't have a hearing problem.  To my surprise, she found that I had a 50% loss of the balance part in my right ear.  When they blew warm air in my left ear, I felt slightly off-balance. But when they blew it in my right ear, I felt like I was on one of those zero gravity machines.  I was spinning up, down, and all around.  Now, what did they do for me?  I was sent for physical therapy!  Physical therapy for an ear problem??? I didn't believe it either.  The therapist said that I needed to train my brain to ignore the signals from my right ear that were being sent to my brain to tell it my head position.  She had me sit about 3-4 feet from a small black circle on the wall (at eye level) and move my head back and forth quickly 90 times while focusing on the dot.  Then I moved my head up and down the same. You can hear the fluid in your ears swishing around. It makes you dizzier, but she said movement is exactly what was needed.   I also walked on a treadmill and focused on objects taped to the wall in front of me in a rectangle pattern.  Upper left corner, bottom right corner, center, lower left corner, etc.  Then I stood with my legs shoulder-width apart and held a ball in my hands.  I made a large circle with my arms extended reaching out to the top, sides, floor (bending over) and back up ten times.  I repeated these things once a day for about six weeks, and my symptoms went away.  Every once in a while I feel it slightly when I am overly tired.  I guess my brain is too tired to think around the problem.  I just do the black dot exercises for a couple of days and it goes away again.  I haven't had it for months now.  Hope this helps someone out there.  

Was it Labyrinthitis? It sounds very much like what i had for a couple of weeks and which did go away, but not entirely ... If i move my head too quickly it comes back.

I hope you are feeling well now.

No, they tested me for that first. It is just a 50% loss in the balance portion of my right inner ear. There was no known cause, but possibly a viral infection. I am better now. It only took a few weeks of physical therapy to feel better and now, when it comes back a little every once in a while, I just do the exercises again and it goes away.   Thanks for asking!

I just posted in case it might help someone out there who is having the same problem.  I would have never thought of an ear problem causing the crazy pressure/movement feeling I was having in my head. 

hi i have just read this and this is what i have been having these last few weeks does it clear up its self

How are you? I have all you had plus a rhythmic pressure in my eyes 24/7. Tried those exercises thru a pt about a month ago and I got worse...

How r u? I have sll these symptoms plus rhythmic eye pressure 24/7.. Went to pt who had me do same black dot exercise but my symptoms got worse after I did them a few days. Stronger pressure and weal fatigue. I got freaked out and stopped doing them. Now symptoms back to where I was before exercises. 9 months into it and no dr can find anything... Had the air test and nothing happened.

Hi. Thanks for putting this up as I seem to be having the same issues. It started 3 months ago I went to the doctor as I was extremely dizzy and off balance they told me I had Benign Positional Vertigo in my right ear, i got nausea tablets and that was it. They said it just has to work it self out.

After a month of having Vertigo I tried accupunture and different head movements but nothing has really worked. To a certain degree it did calm down but it is still always there. Then in the last week I have started to have really strange pressure in my forehead/nose/right eye, I thought it might have been my sinuses but their is no congestion and it has started to make my vertigo worse.

This post seems to be exactly what I have. I am going to try these movements this evening and hopefully they will help. I would not wish this feeling on anybody it's horrible and doesnt seem to have an end in sight!

It's called Vertigo

No! Vertigo is what it started with for me, but the Vertigo has been long gone and I have the head pressure when I move. A cervical collar offers immediate relief, and I wear it when I an on the computer or doing chores in the kitchen. I wear a heavy scarf or bring one when out if I need the support. There are warnings on the collar not to wear them often or with Drs. knowledge. Am going to Dr today , will mention Vertebral Artery Compression which I looked up.

I had vertigo in August. Then ended in the hospital. Till this day the pressure on the left side of my head is there. The feeling is weird and it scares me a lot. I haven't seen ENT but I'm cause I can't deal with it!

Hi All,

I just wanted to put this out there in case this helps ease the anxiety of someone else and keep you from the worrying and sleepless nights that I experienced. One day while just sitting at my desk in my office I experienced a sharp pain in my temple. It felt like a “pop” and needless to say, it scared the heck out of me! The next day I had some face tingling. The day after that, the tinging was gone from my face, but I had some numbness near my jaw. Three days later and scared out of my mind, I went to the ER to get a CT scan. No aneurisms or vascular abnormalities. Great news, right!? The problem is that for the next seven weeks, I would experience intermittent pain and pressure in my temples (worse in the afternoon), but it didn’t feel like a “headache”. After starting to experience some jaw pain, I put it together that it was most likely my bottom wisdom teeth. I had had the top two removed when I was much younger, but the bottom two stayed in and I always fought the recommendation of their removal. The jaw and the temporalis muscle share the same nerve, the trigeminal nerve. When my jaw would hurt and my head would hurt at the same time, I wasn’t worried. The worry came from the times when my head hurt, but the jaw wasn’t hurting. It can be very scary. Long story short, I got the wisdom teeth pulled and, despite the lengthy healing process of this surgery itself, I have not experienced any of these symptoms again. I highly recommend anyone dealing with similar issues to evaluate whether or not your wisdom teeth have become impacted like mine did and get them removed. If I hadn’t had the CT scan I would have been even more worried. Moral of the story… wisdom teeth can cause head pain, pressure, and popping sensations WITHOUT also causing tooth or jaw pain. Hope this helps someone. God Bless!

I have the same symptoms for weeks now
I visit ophthalmologist my eyes were just dry
I visited ENT and they found somethings not right with my ears it’s my eardrum
But I need to go back on Tuesday to see if my symptoms get better after taking my meds

I’m in desperate need of what’s going on with my 93 old mother . She’s in great shape but her head . She always has a heavy head feeling and just makes her not want to do anything. We have been to every doctor no one can figure it out !!! Ps I need help ???