Hi, for some time I've had a sore neck, which I need to move for side to side to 'crack' it. More recently, I've had a twitching under my left eye, and pain in the left side of my face and around the temple area. I can't sleep on my right side as this makes it worse. I also suddenly wake when trying to get to sleep with an acute pain in left side of my face and also what feels like a strong pulsing pain at the back of my neck just to the left. I've been under a lot of stress and suffer with anxiety, anyone any ideas what this could be ?

Thanks
Ste

I have the exact same aymptoms, it's been going on for almost two years now. Countless doctors visits and meds, no help! It started with pain in my neck on the side but more to the back. It is constant and discomforting. It spread across the side of my face, causing pressure on my temple and pain on the side of my eye. I have twitching in the eye sometimes and twitches on my neck muscles occasionally. My ear feels weird and sometimes has pain inside. I have no clue please let me know if you found whats wrong.

Thanks,

Chad

**edited by moderator**

I have the exact same thing going on for about 2 weeks now-get checked out for TMJ, as well as your posture sitting at your computer at work (neck tension on your inner shoulder at the base of the neck)

Hi fellow twitchers!!!
This has been a very useful thread for me, my left eyelid has been twitching for about three weeks and was getting worse everyday.
I tried all those stress related advices, like relaxing, drinking lots of fluid, sleeping 8hrs, turning down my computer’s brightness, n God knows wat not all but nothing was working.
Then i read somewhere over the internet that it might be related to nerve pinch coz of some neck or back pain and i have been having this neck pain for more than a couple of months. I was worried that it is due my workout at the gym or somethin.
I did not wanted to see a doctor as m not insured(i know thats bad), so i used an old home remedy.
what you do is sleep without a pillow on your back. It was quite uncomfortable the first 2 days but then on the third day my eyelid stopped twiching and its the first lovely twitch free weekend i had in a long time.
Hope this might help….
Cheers!!!

I have been having the exact problem as <ste1200> except on my right side and I'm crying right now because its irritating and my neck really hurts and I just don't want anything to be wrong and I don't know what to do. My right eye has been twitching and the top of my neck and the middle of my shoulder blades are in throbbing pain and now my face is hurting on the right side. I can’t sleep at night and I feel like I’m falling apart.

hey ppl

Regarding your eye twitching dont be alarmed its nothing serious. I have Gad GENERAL ANXIETY DSORDER and that eye lid twitching I have googled it and it just nothing but Stress . Even my doctor reassured me about it!!!

LadyStar4Ever yours maybe it just a lot of stress too . Do you work on shifts or long ours?. Do you spend a lot of hours infront of a computer?

If you are still confused seek medical help. Good Luck and take care!!!

Regards From Malta
================

Always Praise God Everytime And Everyday!!!!

I have had this problem for like 10 years or so and it runs in my family. I have also seen many doctors since I am always worried about heart disease. Mine is on the right side, twitching in the right eye, shoulder pain, neck pain, right arm pain, right side of face twitching -- all of it.

Here is one tip - strange as it may sound - the pain could be from gas - take 1 or two mylanta gas tablets - it will relieve the pains, but not the twitching. Try it - there is no harm.

Hello, I came back to my home in east TN and have had all of the symptoms listed here.....I think people on here should say where they are located in case this is some neuro toxin in their area that has been introduced into our environment. While I was up out of state 900 miles
away, I did not have any of these symptoms. Now I have eye twitching within the first two weeks, itching arms like crazy for the first four weeks,
severe heartburn every night the past week or so, sharp & sudden shooting pains in any given part of body at any time, usually when sleeping. Another strange thing, a sudden sting like some bug is stining me on my arm or leg at any given time. I would think it would help if we posted what state we are all in. thanks.

I had problems with pain in my face...eye twitching and I went to the Dr. and she told me I had Bell's Palsy...temp paralysis of one side of the face. Since I went right away, she said it was the very beginning and she put me on Prendislone and some other med. Its a virus...very strange...but all symptoms ended after that.

I know this post is old, but just in case... I've experienced twitches in various parts of my body, and the only relief I get is from my chiropractor. All your nerves run through your spinal cord and a problem with your spine can be felt ANYWHERE in your body. So if there is a problem in your SPINE, that affects a nerve that goes to your FACE, you can feel it in your face, even though the problem is in your spine.

Medical Doctors hate this type of information because all they want to do --becuase its all they know -- is to prescribe medication and recommend surgery or physical therapy. I went to doctors for three years because of an accident I had after which I could not turn my head to the right. They wanted to kill nerves, do surgery, I took medications, went to physical therapy and nothing improved. Out of desperation I went to a "Pain Relief Center" in my home town (Dedham, MA) which turned out to be a chiropractor's office and within a few sessions I had could move my head almost 100% normally.

Since then I have consulted my chiropractor for just about any ailment. If he can't help me, he tells me to see an MD. But that rarely happens. AND the rates are cheaper, the service is better and the appointments are quicker!

I just wanted to thank-you for still posting that, since I am reading it 2 years later from the original post, and only days after yours. I have these symptoms and have always thought about going to a chiropractor, then started thinking maybe I should see an ENT instead. Thanks to you, I will start with the chiropractor. Wish me luck!

I have been having the back pain and soreness, shoulder shooting pain and stiffness, neck stiffness all on my right side with my right eye twitching.  I think I have a vertebrate out of line and if I got adjusted by a chiropractor it would feel better.  I hope this may help someone.

I have recently had something like this also. It started with my right eye twitching, then, the muscle behind my eye hurt. My eye lid was swollen. Before this I had suffered with vertigo which is with the inner ear. My temple on that side is swollen. I saw a dr. today who seems to know what in the world this may be. He is sending me for an MRI of my head to look at the inner ear, nerves and mastoids in my head. These can get infected and go behind your eye. I would check with your inner ear first . It is most likely the culprit. Good luck to you all.

I have the issue on the right side of my face - eye twitching (fells like someone punched you, pain/tingling across my cheeks, pain when eating, - my Neurologist diagnosed it as trigeminal neuralgia - which means that there is a nerve that covers both side of the brain, but only one is damaged - we have tried many meds - have not found one that works - pain comes in different degrees - I have been to the hospital with sever pain

pdg wrote:

Beautysblush wrote:

I really hope you feel better soon. My issue has resolved. I went to a physical therapist, then a massage. But one day the right side of my head really hurt. I put my massager on my lower neck and felt a release in the back of my head! The next day I had a lot of smelling wax come out of the right ear. After that I have not seemed to have the vertigo or eye swelling. I take Allegra in the morning and zyrtek at night. Seems to help the problem I had. I had that eye twiching for a while it was very weird. It felt like the twitch went in a small triangle pattern.