I'm a 22 year old female. For the past 5 months I have been experiences the following symptoms.

Tired all the time and still tired when I wake up, aversion to foods or have intense cravings (I know I'm not pregnant I just got my period) I often feel better when I don't eat and when I do I get stomach pains and nausea. I have irregular bowel movements, mainly constipation or diarrhea. I have itchy skin and a raised skin rash in small patches all over. The rash is skin colored so its mainly itchy and rough to the touch. I have a rapid heart beat mainly in the morning or at night but a normal EKG. I used to have an irregular period before I started taking birth control.

I was recently diagnosed with iron deficiency anemia and had a low MPV with a normal but on the high end platelet count on my CBC.
Also recently had Vaginitis
I also keep getting sick. I've had the flew/cold/sore throats countless times this year.
I tested negative to a blood test for celiac disease.
A few years ago I also had a normal thyroid function.

I keep getting dismissed by all the doctors I see. They tell me I'm too young to have any serious problems. I know there is something wrong with me though. I can't function the way I'd like too. I'm too tired to go to school most days and it gets me down. I'm wondering if I could be allergic to milk? I'm not sure if that would account for the fatigue and always getting sick though? Anyone have an idea?

Thanks,
Shannon

You have the classic symptoms of anemia. Your anemia may have been due to your aversion to food resulting in you being malnourished. I wonder if anti-nausea medications may he helpful in allowing you to eat normally.

Hi I know its been awhile since you posted this but i have all the same problems as well. anemia does cause the tired and sick all the time feeling I also get rashes and all of the other stuff.Did they say why you are anemic? they are trying to figure out why I am. I am going to the doctors tommorrow and asking for a ana blood test to see if lupus is a possible answer for me .I was thankfull to see your post though because its exactly how i feel as well something must be an underlying cause . I understand sick of being sick good luck

get tested for celiac disease.

i had a lot of these symptoms and it turns out i'm allergic to gluten.
still having some symptoms and i'm thinking it's milk. yay.

Have you been tested for vitamin B12 deficiency?? If you have a level of less than 500 insist on injection theraphy. In this country they accept as low as 180, as normal. In any other country you are considered in need of emergency treatment at a level of 500. With your symptoms it's worth a shot. Often iron deficiency and vitamin B12 deficiency go hand in hand. Your description sounds very familiar as all the women in my family suffer from it. You can get all the info you need on line and fight for it if you need it. It involves an injection every other day until symptoms stop usually a fortnight. Then monthly or 3 monthly injections depending on how you feel and when the symptoms return. I now self inject which is easier for me. Good Luck, also you may like to try cutting out gluten. My daughter was like you missing out on so much school and life in general with fatigue, palpitations,illness and she cut it out, as well as having her monthly injections and it has changed her life. Rachel

It sounds like you have lupus!! All of those symptoms are classically lupus. Go see a hematologist to get more blood work to figure it out.

I have been having the exact same symptoms! !

I've got same symptoms. All of them. Down to cravings and all. I've been fatigued 2 months. Please let me know what you had please. It's not me at all to barely get out of bed.

Hi Shannon, how are you now? Did you get any answers? I have exactly the same symptoms and also very heavy periods now. I'm so so exhausted. I'd be interested to know how you got on. Thanks
Nicole

Did you ever get any answers?! This is exactly what I've been going through and I'm 24.