HI, my stomach is bloating, I have trouble to digest food and if I eat more then a few bites I feel nausea. Is it gastroparesis? What is gastroparesis like?

Hi, gastro is stomach and paresis means weakness, so the meaning of expression is a weak stomach. Many abdominal complaints turn out to be gastroparesis. It is not a life-threatening, but rather boring disease as patients deal with it for a long time. Anyway, there are effective treatments available. The most common symptoms of gastroparesis are a feeling of fullness after only a small amount of food. If you have bloating, excessive belching, and nausea consider gastroparesis. Also vomiting, heartburn, or regurgitation of stomach may be indicating sign.

I've been a diabetic since 1996 and now I'm having all of the symptoms listed for gastroparesis. This article has been a tremendous help to me. Thank you!

Hello, you are wrong. Gastroparesis IS life-threatening--I have almost died many times from severe dehydration due to gastroparesis. The endless days of pain are far from boring but give one little to look forward to and is a source of suicidal feelings for many. Losing all control of your stomach and being unable to tolerate food IS life-threatening. Food is essential to life. It takes a lot of will to live to survive with this illness. Glad you're bored by it and not bound to it.

It sounds like the subtle beginnings of gastroparesis. Have a nuclear scan done if you can to determine gastric emptying time. A slight delay may still cause a lot of what you feel. Hope it gets better!