Hi! I'm thirteen and (obviously) a virgin. I have never had sexual contact with anyone before and for the past year and a half or so, I have had a brown, slightly protruding patch on the right side of my pubic area. It's right where my pubic hair ends on the right and the pigmentation is darker than the rest of my skin. I never really gave it much thought until it gets sore. Today I noticed that on top of the brown bump is a small red sore, and it hurts to even wear my soft underwear, so right now I'm just using tissue paper to lessen the friction between my underwear and my skin. I think when the bump is not sore or a little itchy, there is just small... whitehead-like spots on it. I've tried searching online for any similar symptoms but many of them mention herpes and other major infections which really scare me! I hope this isn't a permanent thing even though it's been quite a while that the bump is there. Please do tell me what this sounds like! Thanks.

Health Guru
Hi scared, when you say it's right on the edge of your pubic area can you say exactly where as you pubic region is a large area, the more information you can give the easier it will be to have an idea what it is like is it on your labia (lip) if so where exactly is it on an area you shave if you shave when does it seem to get sore? :-)

Hi! It's right next to my vaginal lips, right in-between my private part and my legs. I don't shave but occasionally I trim down there.

Health Guru
When you say your private part do you mean right down next to your vagina entrance and between your labia and the top of your thigh closer to your leg?