Hi everyone. Recently, I've noticed some swelling on my vagina. Really, it's sort of like around the clit or on the lips of the vagina..Like where it opens up to trace down to the hole? Okay. Well, anyways. Every once in a while, it will get a little red or itchy. And lately, it's been extremely itchy. And I've been scratching it a lot; I try not to, but it's like an attack itch and if I don't scratch it, I feel uncomfortableness down there. Well, my boyfriend is a "big guy" and my vagina swells up sometimes after this happens (it's happened for 7 months now, since we've been together that long) - I talk to some of my good friends about stuff like this and they said that, because he's big, a little swelling will happen. But it usually goes away within like an hour or so. Well, lately I've been noticing the lips of my vagina being...a little hard. After I masturbate, or I go to scratch myself down there in private, I'll feel around gently and find that it's hard, almost "erect" per say. It doesn't have any kind of fishy or beer smell. It just smells regular. Actually, it doesn't smell at all. I even flat out asked my boyfriend if it smelled and he said no. I shower every single day, at least once or twice, and I always wash down there gently. I don't use soap or any kind of body wash, because the last time I did that, it sucked.

Do you think maybe it could be because of the detergent I'm using for my laundry? Because I've noticed...when I don't wear underwear, I'm fine. But when I am, I start getting itchy. And I don't share my underwear with people (ew) - but I know people who do that, so I'm just clarfying that right now. Well, I just want some input on this. Can you guys please help me out? Thank you so much!!

-Saren

Hey! so i should ask do you wear all cotton underwear because if you dont that could cause you to itch. when i was dating a guy who was quite large i also got swelling and itchy afterwards... i know it sucks but keep some vagisil around and rub it on at the first feeling of itch. DO NOT scratch trust me it can make it worse not to mention if you have any dirt under your fingers HELLO yeast infection.

Yeah, that's very true. I don't try to scratch it. I just try to ignore it, maybe rub some cold water on it. I'll check out some vagisil. Like right now, I'm perfectly fine. But sometimes it will just get REALLY itchy. Yeah, I have all cotton underwear. Maybe because I shave my pubic hair, it could cause itching and then when I scratch it sometimes gently, it could get irritated.

Try changing the laundry soap like you suggested and be careful when you wash your hands that..the soap from that isnt causing it . Its also normal for your clitoris to be erect if you masterbate. also takes time to go down just like a male

I masterbate alot n its red n itches n feels sore is it cause i masterbate?