so i started shaving my pubic hair when i was a teen and i started to get these strange bumps that pussed and bled a lot. I havnt asked my gyno about them but i am somewhat worried it could be an STD of some kind. Are these normal? might it have something to do with shaving?

i get these bumps too, and i'm convinced they aren't an std because i'm a virgin and would have no way to contract an std. i put neosporin on them and just let them heal themselves over time.

it might be an std. b/c when yu shave yu leave microscopic cutts behind, so if yu had sex after yu shaved, and tha girl had a std, then yu might have caught it...ask your doctor.

the bumps are probably just ingrown hairs

i still get those to but i have very thick coarse hair and it ends up being razor burn and ingrown hairs , a trick i learnd that helps a bit is deoderant after you shave and when you shower add some conditioner. it helps the hairs and the skin. this isnt going to get rid of them just help reduce it. i recomend just triming the hairs down but not to short casue then they poke.

the bumps are natural, let some shaving gel sit on the area for 4 min while in the shower, and shave sloooowly, going too fast cuts the bumps. going slow will avoid pulling the hair, which avoids ingrown hairs later on. shave slowly and make sure the skin is pulled tight. also dont apply pressure if you are using a disposable razor. if you have to apply pressure, it means its dull.

Razor is not the best way to shave pubic hair. Try one like ultimate personal shaver for example. I use it for one year already and never got a cut or bump. No ingrown hairs either.

I am MBBS doctor here to help you all & to solve your problems. Its not at all an STD, and I suggest instead of using razor you can try hair removing cream. Also take care of private parts cleanliness.

If any of you have any personal queries regarding any such problem, anyone can consult me by dropping here

Aditi Saxena

hi, i shaved my pubes a few months ago and got the red bumps. i got nervous and tried plucking out a few of the pubes that were ingrown, but this just led to more ingrown hairs and more bumps. the rash has lasted way to long now and i even have gotten a pimple because of it. i wash the area thoroughly everyday and it stays the same, the hairs keep coming back ingrown and it looks like a bad rash . it is embarassing when i am with a girl and hav to explain its not an std and that it is a rash from shaving -_-;;

Pretty sure it's just razor burn. I had it once too.

hi um aditi Saxena i have a problem my girlfriend thought i should shave my pubes and when i did it ended up levaving red bumps that itch. there still here and i only shaved 3 days ago i need your help. if u could help me plz try to i think its the same thing as that posted here but it might be different.

To everyone I HAD this problem also.. DO NOT shave your pubic area! The hair is coarse and grows relatively fast and it is not like a beard where it is free during the day... We wear panties and pants that press against our skin, this causes ingrown hairs and infected follicle roots ( the bumps) Now I did not say it is easy but I know we do not want to walk around with big bushes :) ladies we have to wax it. Yes it will hurt the first couples of times but trust me it will get easier and less painful the more you do it. Also the hair will grow back thinner, softer and less abundant. Remember trim hair to about 1/4 inch and apply the wax with the hair growth and pull the strip against the growth level to your skin. You can take off excess wax with a little baby oil and wash skin with warm water if irritated apply some pure aloe. Give it a chance you will love your results!

I've had those bumps too, and I have one now, but I shaved over it on accident and now it's like and open cut. It hurts really bad and I don't know what to do to ease the pain and get rid of them in general. I had to put a band-aid on it because it hurt so much to be bare with my panties, and it was bleeding. When I wash I have to be really careful not to touch it because it not only hurts, but I'm afraid it's not going to heal correctly and stay open. Can anyone give me advice? 

I recently shaved my pubes for my girlfriend. These unusual red bumps came up after I had shaved, an tried many things to refuse it. One thing I found it treat the bumps just like a wound. Apply hydrogen peroxide to the area and wait. WARNING: it will sting like hell. But you will be satisfied by the results. It doesnt remove them fully, just reduces redness, size, and irritation.

i get these too sometimes teyll stop happening eventually and they are definetley not an STD.
my source is that im a virgin so i dont have any STDs