Just a few days ago i noticed a hard lump under the skin in my bikini area. It was probably about the size of a quarter when i first noticed it and was quite painful. It's been about 3 days since i found it and it has gone down in size to about the size of a penny. I dont know what this thing is, it doesnt look like an ingrown hair or a pimple, there is no whitehead on the lump. Just wondering if anyone here knows anything about what this might be. Im 20 years old and its just kind of freaking me out, I have never had anything like this before.

Its better if you get a check up. There is no use sitting with it. I will pray that its not anything serious but still you should get a professional advice.
Good luck

It is probably an abscess formed by the blockage of a sebaceous gland in your skin.

Your body possess' the natural antibiotic treatment to get rid of it -- as evidenced by the decreasing size. I doubt you will have to treat this.

If it starts to come back and you see a whitehead or have any redness around that area you should consult a doctor.

Maybe you and I are kinda experiencing the same problem:

A couple days ago i discovered my hip was swollen. It was a little sore at first. Im 19 and its round and maybe about the size of a small golf ball. Any comments on what it could possibly be? Im thinking maybe its Lipoma pr something. Thanks for your help.

im 20 years old also. i have been with the same partner for over a year. about 3 days ago i went to the restroom went to go wipe and it was hurting I go get a mirror to look and theres a little bump not big at all well i thought it was a pimple or something i have never seen something like that i my life so i tried to pop it and it has gotten bigger and way more irritated it hurts to even sit, its a knot type bump that has formed under my skin around the outer right lip i have a doctors appointment in 2 days but i dont want to wait that long i am soooooo freaking scared. has anybody else had this problem

I have the same problem but i am younger than 20 and not sexually active. i now have a second one on the outerlip of my vagina. the first one is about the size of a quarter but the newest one is the size of a dime or maybe even a bit smaller. They both are not pimples but they hurt pretty badly. i don't know if i should see a doctor....advice?

I have the same thing right now and it's very painfull. I get them once in awhile. Its an infected hair bump, aka, ingrown hair. Just keep applying a hot washcloth to the area or try to take hot baths. Eventually pus will drain from it. It takes about a week before you will see an improvement. Good Luck.

Yea as you get older many crazy things start happening in your vagina area that you didn't know would come. The best way to prevent infection from ingrown hairs and those hurtful bumps is to foremost stop shaving. If kije me you just like to shave I'd suggest using a great razor with a shaving system called Tame..it really works wonders. I've been using for a few months and I play sports but it keeps my area smooth and dry.

ohhh man im reading all this and would never think that so many other women have the same problem as me, i have this lump type thing on y bikini area, i noticed i had it when i was younger, but eventually went away, now i got it back and its hurts way worse, its kinda effecting the way i walk, i dunno what to do, i dunno what its is, and there is no top of it to squeeze anything out of it, when i put a warm cloth on it it kinda hurts, like burn,,, what should i do???

I have had these soft bumps with a hardness under the skin since I was twelve and I wasn't sexually active until I was 18. I was ver worried I got herpes from a toilet seat but the vagina gets hot and moises more than you think. There are pores everywhere so a bump of that sort may show up. I get tested normally and I always got normal results. I would consult a doctor to be safe but I wouldn't worry because most women have this issue it just does not get talked about much because people are so fast to say its herpes so relax a little I hope this helps.

where is tame available as website wouldnt open?

ive got the same promblem but im only young im worried it could be worse then a cyst im freaking out! im only a couple of years into my teens! im scared!

I have the same thing, i just noticed it this morning and i am getting over the flu. It doesnt seem like a swollen gland because it also broke the surface where it is raised almost like a pimple. The bump under the skin is about the size of a quarter and at first i thought the pain was caused by my underwear being too tight. My boyfriend is the only person i have been with in any way and im worried that it may be an STI. I will go to the doctor but was wondering if anyone had gone yet and their diagnosis.

Im 18, I'll be 19 next month and I've been having the same problem since around this time last year. Im still kinda clueless as to whats going on but what I do is apply either listoren or alcohol or both to the bump and it reduce pain and the size. I've wanted to see a doctor but time just flew by and I never made it there, plus the bump comes and goes. I never know when its coming or going tills its there or gone. At first I was worried it was cancer. My mom has skin cancer and it was very random and odd that she caught it, so I've been terrified of the results as to whats my bodys problem.

I am having the same problem. I on the outer lip of my vagina. There is a knot the size of a golf ball with a purple center. In the middle of the purple center you can feel the skin is thinner but no head. It hurts to lay down, stand up and walk. The only relief I get is when I sit down which is weird. I don't know what it is but I get them all the time but none the size of this one. There are always about the size of a dime but this one is huge!