So I want to know who has or is on the same boat as me. I've been on birth control pills for a good year, my ex and I were very complicated and were on and off for the past 2 months. So I would finish my whole pack then stopped my bcp because there was really no use since we broke up and then few days later after stopping them. I felt not myself AT ALL. i would get mood swings, dizzy spells, depression, BAD anxiety, loss of appetite, major cramps, cry over everything, and really horrific intrusive thoughts like I might go crazy and hurt others or myself and my anxiety gets worse when I think of those things and I feel like such a horrible person thinking of that because I would never want to. I just want to know if anyone has ever experienced bad symptoms going off the pill? It would be great to know that I'm not alone.

This seems to be really common. I stopped the pill almost two months ago due to the depression and anxiety the pill gave me (and thoughts of hurting myself and others). The first few weeks were really rough - depression, anxiety, feeling sad and numb. I will say that it has gotten better, but I'm not 100 percent yet (I've read that it takes 3-6 months for hormones to level out). I noticed that I get really depressed and anxious around ovulation and my period. I almost think that birth control triggered PMDD in me. The best thing to do is to keep a calendar and mark your good days and bad days or to keep a journal. You're definitely not alone and its gonna get better.

Thank you so so much for replying!! I’ve been literally feeling the same way. It’s like a big heavy rock is on top of my body and it’s the worst kind of feeling because I see everyone being happy and having a good time which I’m thinking I will never be able to be that happy again which triggers my anxiety SO much more. But I will be honest, I do have those part of my days where I don’t think about it and I actually feel relaxed and myself but then it pops up again, but i do some meditation techniques that help a little bit, but I just hate being alone by myself because that’s where I feel it the most.