I was wondering if anybody could tell me how to prevent measels and how to cure them once diagnosed with it by a GP. It is for my health and social care coursework and any information would be greatly appreciated.
Also it would be great if anyone could tell me the causitive organism of measels.

Measles is a contagious illness caused by a virus. Although it is characterized by body rash and flu-like symptoms, it is a respiratory infection spread by coughing or sneezing at someone and spreading the viral droplets through the air.
There is no treatment for measles because it is a viral infection and it goes away on its own. However, symptoms like fever and rash could be treated. A person should be getting a lot of clear fluids, rest and NOT given aspirin by any chance as it may cause complications. In case of a fever, a child should be given acetaminophen. A person or a child should be kept from other children in order to prevent them from spreading the infection.
The symptoms last for about 2 weeks. The condition should be monitored for any signs of complications as it may lead to bronchitis, bronchiolitis, pneumonia, conjunctivitis (pinkeye), myocarditis, and encephalitis.
Infants get immunity from their mothers but older children are vaccinated as a part of measles-mumps-rubella immunizations.
A measles vaccine may cause side effects in children who don't have any underlying disorders and diseases. The side effects that may occur are fever and non-contagious rash.

Mark is correct. This measel is worse than the pox, but do not worry.It will recover as soon as can be. there is NO cure for this. You will have to wait. But there will be one medcine which will help stop it from getting bigger and bigger. Just go to the doctor to find out more information. :O