Hello everyone. It was my birthday yesterday :)

My husband bought me a dog. It is a lovely Anatolian shepherd dog. I don’t know that much about dogs but I always wanted to have one in my yard :) I am happy.

I called my friend immediately and she told me some advice how to treat my new family member. She asked me something about vaccines. It was really confusing for me because I don’t know anything about it.

She told me that I need to determine with the vet what is the best vaccine for my dog – 5 in 1 or 7 in 1?

I don’t know what this means…

Can you tell me?

5 in 1 vaccine or 7 in 1 vaccine for dogs and why?

Tnx in advance.

Hey you,

Congrats on your dog, I’m sure that you two are going to love each other! This is the first time I hear about 7 in 1 vaccine. I know about 5 in 1 and 6 in 1 and I can tell you a bit about these two vaccines.

The 5 in 1 vaccine is one of four core vaccines that your dog is supposed to receive (as well as 6 in 1 vaccine). It protects your dog from Distemper, Hepatitis (Adenovirus type 2), Parainfluenza and Parvovirus.

The most important thing about these two vaccines is the Distemper vaccine. You have it in both of these so basically, any vaccine you pick, it’s good for your dog. You can choose any.

Hey there.

I can help you to know better 5 in 1 vaccine but I am not so sure about this 7 in 1.

When I vaccinated my Boo the vet give him 5 in 1 vaccine.

Here is what I know about it.

5 in 1 vaccination provides protection from Hepatitis, Distemper, Parainfluenza and Parvovirus.

U think that the Distemper is serious and often deadly disease. You can notice some early signs of it such as fever, loss of appetite, conjunctivitis, etc.

Those are prevention vaccines and you should start vaccinating your dog when he is 8 weeks old.

You should repeat this every 2 to 4 weeks until your dog is 16 weeks old.

Hey.
Not sure.
5 in 1 maybe.
Those are generally vaccination that vet is giving to your vet.
It is helping your puppy to initialize the immune system.
5 in 1 protects against distemper, hepatitis, kennel cough, parainfluenza and parvovirus.
7 in 1 protects against those five that I already wrote and against lepto and coronavirus.

Now in the last a couple of years vets are running from 7 in 1 vaccines. Some of them don’t uste hem anymore because they have so many side effects and they actually can cause joint disorder and some immunity system disorder.

I am definitely for 5 in 1.

Hey there.

Avoid 7 in 1 vaccine. Chose 5 in 1 – it is much better.
My friend had really bad experience with 7 in 1 vaccine and her dog.
Why vets don’t want to give this vaccine to the puppies? Because they have a lot of side effects.
You know that 7 in 1 vaccines is not ok to give dog, right?
Why? Because it contains too many vaccines that your dog doesn’t need or they are not recommended for your dog.

Still you should consult your vet about this. I am not an expert but I haven’t heard anything good for those vaccinations.

Hey guys.

I am really sorry because I need to tell you this but I didn’t read your posts. I vaccinated my dog 11 days ago. I consulted my vet and he told me that he should give him 7 in 1 vaccine.
I don’t know but I was thinking that he knows what he is doing.
Now I am reading your posts and I am really scarfed especially because my dog has some side – effects and he is acting really weird.
I don’t know is this because of those vaccines or what but I am scared.
I really am?
Should I consult some other vet?
What do you think?

Hey guys,

The side effects will probably pass pretty soon, Piano Lady.

About these vaccines, I would go with 5 in 1, too. I don’t really think that 7 in 1 vaccine is dangerous or anything, it’s true that it can have more side effects than the other one, but that’s logical, right? More vaccines mean more side effects. I’d go with this 5 in 1 vaccine because I think that 7 in 1 is just too much for your dog. Even 5 in 1 seems a lot to me, but that’s a normal thing today so I just follow it, and I gave this one to my pup.

Hi everyone,

I have to say that I would rather go with 7 in 1 vaccine.

I believe in the progress of medicine and this 7 in 1 vaccine is the newest one around. I heard a really small number of people talking about the bad sides of 7 in 1 vaccine. You can hear that about anything that’s new.

I really think that it’s better because it has more vaccines in it, therefore your dog is safer than he would be if he had received the 5 in 1 vaccine.

This is just my honest opinion, I don’t have anything to say against this 5 in 1 vaccine, I just think that the other one is better.

Hey everyone,

I don’t know about your experience Dalmatian Lover, but some of my friends had a lot of trouble because of this 7 in 1 vaccine. And not just them, I heard a lot of people complaining about it and I also heard some vets saying that it’s not good and that they are denying to give this vaccine to any pups.

After everything I’ve heard, if I had another pup, I’d give him this 5 in 1 vaccine.  I really believe that it’s safer and better for him. I don’t think that these 2 additional vaccines would mean much, and I seriously don’t think that they are worth the trouble.