I have problem with thyroid gland. I’ve been diagnosed with Grave’s disease with cause hyperthyroidism of course. I am 30 years old and I got married last year. I was planning baby this year. Is there anyone with Grave’s disease who delivered the baby safely?

My cousin has problems with thyroid gland. Honestly, I am not sure if her diagnose is Grave’s disease, but I think it is. She has a 15 months old daughter now, very beautiful and healthy. I know that she was under doctor surveillance whole pregnancy and under medical treatment. It was hard but she made it. Consult your doctor about it. I mean before you get pregnant.

Hi there,
I had my first son four years ago... when he was 6mths I was diagnosed with Graves... I was worried to get a pregnant again,, thought I might even be considered a "high risk" pregnancy... b/c my graves was under control with PTU... I got pregant again *and* I wasn't even considered high risk! I gave birth to a very healthy baby boy eighteen months ago... he is doing great.... we just had to go for bloodwork for the first six weeks, every week to make sure that his thyroid was ok.... then I went into remission for a year... and *sigh* back where I stated methimazole and all... and weight gain........ arrrrgh so frustrating....... going to check out all of my options.... thinking of a third... but they STILL don't know the effects it might have on future children down the line.,.. so I may just wait to do that... when we're done having kids.... too risky! For me anyway..... I can't even hug my kids... for an entire week... and all of these other crazy steps too...
Good luck!!

Get your iodine levels tested! All of you, you are lacking that and most likely selenium, vitamin e and zinc.

I've had Graves Disease for 15yrs and have been on levoxyl or synthroid daily since. I first tried to get pregnant at age 30 and ended up needing clomid (after 2 yrs of trying) in order to conceive. i now have a 5yr old and 2 yr old, both conceived with clomid and Graves disease. I just had to go every 6 weeks or so for a blood test to be sure my thyroid levels stayed within range during and after the pregnancies.
I think that if your thyroid levels are not where they should be, you might have a harder time conceiving- but otherwise, pregnancy and your baby will go fine!!