What's thyroid gland in charge of? My mother has been diagnosed with graves disease last week and as she was explained, a life under therapies and medications is facing her. She is 55 years old and no way that she would let this kind of illness destroy her. Still I will help her as much as I can. So, does anyone know the answer?

Thyroid gland is under the direct control of hypophysis, brain gland. Thyroid gland's two main hormones are so called T3 and T4, hormones that are actively engaged in maintaining the balance of basal metabolism. In Graves disease, this gland is enlarged and secretion of these two hormones is heightened, producing various problems to our organism.

Hallo,
Thyroid gland is very important part of our body. Thyroid gland has a job to regulate many metabolic processes in our body. It is in charge of our growth and the energy use in our body. Now Graves’s disease is an autoimmune disorder that leads to over-activity of the thyroid gland. The over activity thyroid is also known as hyperthyroidism. There are several ways to treat this condition. For instance she can have a surgery or she can go for radioactive iodine therapy. Also I think that she can use antithyroid medications. She needs to talk to her doctor and see what is the best option for her. Is she using any medication right now to reduce the disease?