Hey,
I need advice, for which I would be very grateful. Today I had green stool. I have no other symptoms, like stomach ache or anything else, just green bowel movement. Why is this?

I think in your case, green bowel movement means nothing threatening. Think about what you have eaten yesterday… maybe large amounts of green and leafy vegetables, maybe green colored food. Did you have any iron supplements? Iron supplements can cause green bowl movement.
Also, if food travels through the digestive system too fast, bile hasn’t got the time to change color from green to brown. So, I think you have nothing to worry, except if you have severe diarrhea for more than few days…

I have geen bowel movements if I eat black licorice.

I get that from time to time . I found out in my case is that im a cheese lover too much cheese seems to be my case

Hi rengel -

Don't worry too much, whenever I eat alot of salad or green veggies , I get green bowel movements too. It really freaked me out the first couple of times I saw it.

Sit back and think about everything you ate the couple of days leading up to the green BM. Most likely, your culprit will be in your diet. But, if it continues, I would go see your doctor or a gastroentrologist.

I found an article about Green Bowel Movements, I copied and pasted this blurb from it, so you can read about it:

Causes of Green Bowel Movements

Green bowel movements occur for several reasons and most of them relate to dietary issues. If food passes through the digestive system too quickly, or something you’ve eaten disagrees with you, the undigested chyme and organic matter may contribute to the discoloration. Common reasons for food not being digested properly include food poisoning, a stomach virus, or food allergies.

Excess iron intake or consuming an algae or chlorophyll supplement could also have that effect. Eating excess amounts of green leafy vegetables (such as spinach) could also result in the quick release of these foods into waste matter.

Most times, you can look back at what you’ve eaten and realize why you produced green bowel movements. A child may have overdone it with green Kool-Aid®, Jell-O®, or Gatorade® and tinted their BM. A big dinner of green leafy vegetables might have upset your stomach and then a quick dash to the bathroom might reveal what you just ate. A person who recently began a new health or diet regimen of green vegetable drinks (such as through juicing) or just eating extra vegetables might also find green bowel movements occur while your body adjusts.

**edited by moderator**

I also have green bowel movements when I eat black licorice.

I have green bowel movements when I drink blue gatorade.

I am in the same float. Solid green. No pain with it...just....green. I think it's from a gourmet cookie I ate that was in the shape of a penguin and had black icing...lots of black icing. So like the next day...I noticed the change in color. Odd occurence to say the least. This better pass too...no pun intended. XD

Thank you so much.. I was concerned about the green bowel movement I had yesterday and today. Now I know it was caused by eating a bag of licorice. Wow, that makes sense.

Last WEEK I ate a lot of licorice. I'd say about 3 days ago and I'm STILL green. Does this mean I have a slow digestive tract?

I have the same problem but I have not eaten anything out of the ordinary like green leafy stuff or licorice or green jello or anything purple... I just dunno....could it be a sign of pregnancy?

I get a green bowel movement after drinking a lot of grape koolaid

purple powerade and cheese do it every time for me

I bought some grape koolaid this morning and made NO connection between it and the startlingly green poos I had later in the day. Google is a wonderful thing.

I HAVE HAD A GREEN BOEWL MOVEMENT FOR THE LAST 4 DAYS, SHOULD I BE WORRIED ABOUT ANYTHING GOING ON SERIOUSLY? I HAVE NOT EATIN ANTYHING GREEN OR DRINKED ANYTHING. ANY ADVICE THAT YOU MAY GIVE, WOULD HELP ME OUT.OR DO YOU THNG I SHOULD SEE MY DOCTOR?