Hi, I have serious problem with constipaton, because I have problems with bowel movements since I was child. I use a lot of laxatives to regulate discharching of my intestines, but now signs of tolerance toward laxatives are showing. I need any advice how to regulate my bowel movements.

Bowel movement problem is considered as not regularly enough induced defecation. Generally, less that 2 bowel movements per week are insufficient and produce the problem. Mainly, reason lies in slow bowel transit time, what means that food is not digested fast enough and transported to other part of intestines. The reason for slow bowel movement can be poor nerve stimulation for food passage, diabetes , diet without enough fiber, inadequate fluid intake, depression, stressful life situations or lack of aerobic exercise. You should start taking fiber supplements daily with a lot of fluid, because they absorb fluid and change their volume, mechanicaly inducing bowel movements.