i have recently had pretty fowl smelling green rectal mucus with swollen abdomen and feel i need to pass a stool. I do however suffer with irritable bowel syndrome i am trying to get appointment with gp at the moment, would much appreciate a reply,,,,,, thanks T. :$

Are you on any oral contraceptives?

I, too, have discovered the same with myself today. Any help would be appreciated.6yuclg

I have had crohn's disease for over 20 years and a fervent interest in all things intestinal: Antibiotics can cause this side effect as can heavy use of recreational drugs, too much evening primrose oil or fish oils and is often seen as a symptom of colitus, crohns and some rectal infections , so it would be best course to see your GP/Consultant

The green mucus usually indicates that your colons have some kind of an infection. Your mucus is produced by mucus membrane that is located at the inner wall of your intestine to help with the bowel movements. Usually you don’t notice your mucus in your bowel movements but when you do it means that something is happening inside your body. Your IBS tells me that there is a chance that you have ulcers in your intestines which are causing more production of mucus. What kind of medication do you use to regulate your irritable bowel syndrome? Have you changed anything in your diet in past several weeks? This could be caused by food that your body doesn’t tolerate.

I have started taking vitB12, C, a multivitamin and a vitamin for sleep. My stool is a normal color.

I have had a discharge from anal and sometimes it is white yellowish or sometimes it is green... What is this

Chlamydia or Gonorrhea