Hello! My baby is two months old and she has green slimmy poops since she was born. But now my friend told me that her baby has stool only two times a week while my baby has this green slimmy poop at least 4 times a day or sometimes after every meal. Is normal having this green slimmy poop so frequent?

Well, it is normal. My baby also had green slimmy poop but it was not diarrhea. And it’s also normal that babies have their stool once in a few days. As they grow older their bowel movements gets normalized. Baby’s stools may vary in their frequency and color. How many stools your baby is going to have depends of how its intestines absorb food and also of the gut’s bacteria and as your baby grew older her intestine will get more mature and along with it the food absorption will improve and the number of her stool will decreased. And also there’s another factor that makes your baby have this frequent poops meaning that your baby’s gut simply works faster. And my baby had slimmy poops and in first weeks of her life they were black colored but this is ok during this early period of baby’s life. And as for the green poops it’s ok, but if you notice light red color you need to talk about to a doc.