Lately (past three or four weeks) I have been having mossy green stool, not consistently, but intermittently. I have tried to pin it down on a certain kind of food, but no success yet. Another indication that it may not be a certain kind of food is that I recently did some investigation and figured out that at least three other people on my dormitory floor have also been having intermittent green stool.

We are all otherwise healthy young men, and it hasn't been disabling.
Other symptoms that may be related are occasional mild abdominal pain, and diarrhea. For two of us, the diarrhea was serious for a short amount of time, but for myself it has only been mild and not consistent.

Could it be something in the water, or an infection of some sort?
Thank you for your help. I will continue to investigate and see if the problem is more widespread (Although it's a little bit awkward to ask "Hey, has your poop been green lately?")

I've had the same problem before, to the point where I went to my doctor to ask her about it (much to my dicomfort!). What she determined, after evaluating my eating habits, was that I was taking in a large intake of foods that had Blue Dye No. 1

You see that mostly in the Blue Hawaiian Punch, Kool Aid, Those Pitch Black Mountain Dews, and one of those two "World of Warcraft" Mountain Dew flavors. I was going on this "kick" of drinking a new Slushy from 7-11 that was very dark blue. It was a promo-drink for the GI Joe movie. If I drank a large slushy, I would have neon green stools that would vary in intensity for the next two days. It's not unhealthy...the Dye at least (nobody really needs the slushy's though), and the neon green stool is the outcome of your stomach processing the dye. Changes are, you ARE eating/drinking something that has that dye, or something close to it. Either way, it's derived from eating anything that has a lot of BLUE.

Same thing happens when you drink red wine when you add about 1/2 a bottle of Red food coloring. You can figure out the outcome of that on your own though...it CAN be a good prank on someone.

Did you ever figure it out? I am having similar issues.

Oh thank you I have been drinking a lot of Hawaiian punch lately.

Grape sodas. I didn't have green stools until I drank nothing but grape soda. Doesn't matter whether it's Crush or store brand, it has LOTS of blue in it.