my ten month old son has had green eye mucus for almost a week. however, he does not have red eyes, and the mucus only ocurs while he is sleeping. what is it?

I had the same problem as a child. I passed it on to my three girls too. Its a very common and fixable issue with the tear duct in his eye. Now, mine was an extreme case where they had to open it with a needle. One way to ease the problem at home is to take your little finger and rub the very corner of his eye (by his nose and right over his tear duct) in a circular, clockwise motion. This will help open it up and eventually stop the morning eye crusties. While he is still getting them, take a warm wash cloth over his eye to painlessly remove the eye boogers. Most kids get over it by the age of 2. If its not gone by then, take it up with his pediatrician. Good luck!

My daughter had this and i rubbed one drop of lavender essential oil in the corner of her eye. (It has to be a certified pure theraputic grade) she had this closed tear duct for about 1.5 years and it took only 3 days for it to go away! try i t it works!