Hi, my friend is 35 years old and he is suffering from bell's palsy for several days. He told me that he is having problem with his eye because he can't close it. I would like to help him so if someone has suggestion for these problems I would be glad to hear it.

Hi, my brother also had bell's palsy several weeks ago. He was using dark glasses when he is going out to protect her eye from strong light and artificial tear drops. In the night he was closing eye with tape to prevent it from drying. I hope this will help you.

Well,
The fact is that eye care is very important in Bells palsy because the occurrence of dry eye is very often. You will have to maintain the correct hydration of the eye in order to avoid complications that might occur. The fact is that your tear gland might not produce enough moisture. If you notice stinging or burning sensation in the eye this means that your eye is dry and that you need to apply artificial tear drops that you can get over the counter. If you have blinking problems you then have to use your hands to manually blink in order to avoid dry eyes. I hope this helped a bit.
All the best,
Nelie