I am feeling some throbbing/pulsating sensation in the eye, what are the causes for that and how should I behave?

If the throbbing occurs behind the eye, or if there are sudden "eye aches", the problem could be eyestrain. Eyestrain can be caused by keeping the eyes focused at the same distance for long periods of time, working under bright lights or in areas of very high contrast, changing focus often, and working near predominantly blue or purple colors and lights. If staring at the same thing all day, you may be suffering from eyestrain. Problem could include staring at a computer screen, working on an assembly line and having to change focus regularly, reading from notes and then addressing an audience, and so on. Your vision is controlled by muscles, and having these muscles exercise too hard or simply remained tensed in one position for too long can be tiring.
Relaxing for a few minutes or letting the eyes to focus at a different distance could be of a great help. If you drink a lot of caffeine, try cutting down for a little while.If relaxation and a change of habits doesn't help after a few weeks, consult a doctor. If the problem interferes with work or with driving, consult a doctor as soon as it is possible.

No, it is not eyestrain. It is not aching. It is a throbbing near the tear duct.

I have no pain throbbing when looking up, side to side. Went to eye doctor and he couldn't explain. Mentioned it to my chiropractor and she said "it's sounds like your C2". (probably because of constant iPad use) She works on it every visit and it's helping a lot. Not saying you have the same, this is my experience. Hope it helps.