Hi, I am 34 years old and I have just recently started to wear contact lenses. I must admit that I feel so much freer now that I don’t wear glasses. Anyway, it took me about a week to get used to lenses but it seems that I have already developed some problems. Dryness is present but only in one eye. What could that be?

Well, the usual response of the eye to lenses is tears. And when that stops, when the eye get used to the foreign objects (which lenses obviously are), dryness of the eye might happen. Well, this is the most benign case and if that is only because of the lenses, it can be eliminated easily with the help of eye moisturizing products.

Hi there,
Well dryness in eye can be very problematic. The fact that you only have one dry eye indicates that this is most likely caused by the blocked tear duct. Have you noticed any swelling in the eye which is dry? Have you used any remedies to ease the symptoms? Have you visited your doctor? You should try to easy the symptoms with warm water or warm compression to the dry eye. This might help clear the blocked tear duct. If this condition lasts longer you need to see a doctor to see what can be done with this. I hope this helped you in any way.

Best wishes,
Marco