well for the past few days i have been dealing with a headache that seems to be on one side of my head and there is a vein that is always pulsating the headache pain isnt constant sometimes i feel as if i have no headache and then it comes back also there is a slight eye pain a little above my tear duct on my eye and my eyes feels kind of strange i think because of the headache I would say my vision is fine just had an eye exam no signs of glaucoma or optic nerve damage the headache lasted for about 4 days now it seems to have gone away i had taken some Excedrin back and body that has an inflammatory that's non steroid but my eye feels strange still in the corner close to my tear duct and its red there also not really red just slightly red
anyone have any ideas?
not sinusitis either i am on antibiotics for that

Hi there, how long have you been on antibiotics for sinusitus? It sounds very much like you actually have sinusitus due to the fact that the headache is on one side. DO you think that it may be a drainage thing? I think it might be worth investigating. Have you talked to a doctor about it? Let me know!

thx for replying!!
i have been on them since last monday and now i have a headache in like the top of my head and sometimes i feel like pressure above my eye or something and if i press on my eye brow i can feel some of the pressure in the side of my nose or something its strange
will and MRI detect this or will i need a CAT scan because i am 16 and i dont want the risk of cancer for a problem that might not actually exist you know?

Hm, that's a little strange. I don't think that you have acncer and I doubt that they'll have to do an MRI or CAT scan. It sounds to me like you simply have sinus pressure, which they can fix by putting you on a stronger course of antibiotics. HOw have you been doing?

I have been doing better still get headaches sometimes didnt have one for about 5 days but i had pain behind my eyes and it hurt to look up and down all the way and sometimes i have eye pain but its like in the same spot in both eyes and it looks kinda grayish where is hurts a lil the pain isnt bad its just slight and kinda of annoying. and sometimes i have pressure behind my eyes but mainly just in like one eye at a time and its not as bad as it was so im doing better :]

I had an MRI done and waiting on the results I am praying this is not glaucoma I have been looking it up on the internet and im kinda of scared.

My main doctor said it might be migraines and he seemed quick to try and write me off some anti-depressants to prevent the migraines!! I mean really anti-depressants?! Those are highly addictive and he should know that! I was frustrated when I left his office.

To be honest its ounds like your doctor is not the sharpest tack and you might want to consider going witha different doctor. I don't know why he'd prescribe that to you, not in a million years. I dont' think that I'd go back to him again really. It could be migraines, but you need a different drug for that. Not antidepressants! Did he even explain why?

Yea it kinda seems that way but not much we can do we are going to military doctors until my dad signs the waver :/ but I'm praying it's not glaucoma I mean i get pressure in my eyes like sometimes no headaches for a while tho and the pressure comes and goes like sometimes I don't even feel like n e thing is wrong n others I can feel the pressure and slight pain shoots in my eye but it doesn't hurt bad just a lil pain I'm hopefully going to an opthamologist this week and I pray everything comes out well I'm actually hoping it's like n eye infection or thyroid problems almost n e thing other than glaucoma and ocular hypertension. Actually I want this all to go away n me back to myself :-(

If I were you, I would recommend you not look up symptoms or speculate on what it is. It only serves to make you more stressed and really make you feel awful about yourself. What do you need to get a waiver signed for?

I know I shouldn't look things up but this is just really scary for me I dont wanna be on medicine for the rest of my life among other psychological things that could happen.I seem to almost always look things up when im scared but now this is particularly scary because the side effects of some of the glaucoma medications change eye color and that would really devastate me. You may not understnad but a lot of people of my race dont have the eye color I do and losing it would probably really damage me psychologically.

And because we go to military doctors and they sent us a letter in the mail saying that since we live 30 miles from the military base where we get treatment we can either sign the waiver saying we will still go to them or sign it saying we will go else where for treatment.

newdewd wrote:

healthnfitnessguy wrote:

I understand now. I just hope that you realize that you're currently worrying about something that has not happened, so that's just a silly way to get yourself upset! Please try to relax and don't keep obsessing about what could be, okay? Does that help at all?