What period of time did you incurr during recovery of bladder sling repair? What limitatios during recovery? How do you feel after the recovery,and was the procedure a success?

I have had 2 slings put in my bladder in 6 months. The first one he said was a success but soon after when I would try to hold it I would leak. I told him this when I went in he did nothing and it continued to get worse. Except for now I had no control of my bladder. So I went in 10 days ago they were to put a 2nd sling in. I should have known when the dr did not tell me it was a success that he had messed me up worse. He sent me home with a catheder in after one night in the hospital and since it was the weekend the only Dr I could talk to was the Dr on call. When I called this Dr and told him urine was running down my leg he told me not to worry about it that either the catheder was temporily clogged or that my bladder was spasming just to lie down and rest. I went in Monday and the nurse took the catheder out and I asked her if it was normal after removing the catheder to have no control she said it was normal that it would take time for the bladder to quit spasming. I still have no control cant even walk across the room without urine pouring out of my bladder. I hope and pray that if any of you are considering this procedure that you try every other alternative first.

I had bladder repair surgery in 2006. I have been very pleased with the results. I never leak, I do feel like I have 2 bladders that empty now. I empty one and wait a second and the second one starts. No problem though.

I am having a sling put in 2 weeks and am wondering about recovery. 10 days after the surgery I am scheduled to go on a caribean vacation and am wondering if I will fell up to it any advice you can give me would be appreciated

I had my procedure done one week ago tomorrow. As far as I can tell, it is a success. Things I wish I had known would have taken place is the extreme soreness in my inside upper thighs and the skin around the euretha. Very sore. I don't know what they used on me but it bruised me up pretty good. I also had to buy panties and liners for the draining from my vagina. They stitch the sling to the vaginal wall and it does drain. I wasn't expecting that. I had a hysterectomy in 2003 and had to go out and buy those items. I missed 2 days of work and completed the rest of the work week but was exhausted each day. I would come home from work, eat and sleep. The 800 mg ibuprofin is all I've needed for discomfort. But I was told not to lift, vacuum or have sexual intercourse for 4 weeks. Sitting is tricky and finding a comfortable position. It is getting better but it takes some time to heal.

I had a bladder sling put in December 2009 and I have been doing okay but I am wondering If im suppose to be able to feel the sling or any part of it in my vagina? I will get extreme pain where my bladder is and I was told to check to see if anything is different and when I feel inside with fingers like a hook, I feel something that shouldnt be there. So, Does anyone know if we should feel the sling or not? After my surgery, I was having the same extreme pain and about a month later, a piece of the sling that the scrub techs or doctor shouldve thrown away, came out of my vagina. It was blue and my doctor said it shouldve never been left in me and he was sorry. Im so confused and that is why im wondering if I should feel anything inside my vagina related to the sling?

:(

:(

I had the bladder sling a week ago, doing great! I still have some soreness in my inner thighs but it is getting better. The worse part for me was when they took the packing out the next day, they said it normally doesn't bother anyone. So far I feel like it has worked:)

Ihad a complete hysterectomy with bladder repair 20 years ago with no complications since. I have a discharge without having active sex

What is recovery time.

Please reconsider I have been in torcher for 6 yrs and am about to have surgury number three to repair the evil mesh.

I had my bladder lift last week and your right ,nthepacking was horrible!!! Felt like I had a 4x4 pole in there. Could sit at all. Sitting in the car to go to my appt was torture. But I hope it works!! I notice I can't really pee it just trickles down and when I wipe more urine oozes out. Ugh.

Yes, O boy can I tell you are in trouble, you have your sling erroded into your vaginia. Please do not wait like me , well I did not wait I went to several dr's told them bout my pain and the felling inside of my vagina they would all dismiss me, well I finally took my gyn finger hostage and made her feel what I was talking bout , she got really nervous. so I know it is something bad

my name is pricella i just had the surgery 8 days ago,useing my own tissue for the sling,i was in pain waking up frm surgery,felt better after cath and packing taking out,yes peeing was soo painful and thn i was peeing every 3minutes,i hated it,just hope this helped and im feeling better,sitting is awful,im still laying down and my whole ody is sore,recovering fast thoe..