I have bad luck to have bladder control problems with trouble stopping the flow of urine from the bladder. Doctor said that I have urinary incontinence, which I found as a problem. I know that although urinary incontinence is a common problem, it is never normal. That is why I would like to hear more you could tell me about bladder control. I would like to hear how this process goes, and is there any way to understand problem of bladder control.

Although the bladder is able to hold about 600 ml of urine, the urge to urinate develops once the bladder contains only 300 ml. As the bladder starts to stretch, nerves in the bladder and surrounding area send messages to the brain. It is done through the spinal cord, telling it that the bladder is filling. The brain sends back the urge to urinate as controlling bladder stretch. Although you normally make the choice when to urinate, once you decide to do so the nervous system takes it over and the process of urinating becomes automatic. The detrusor muscle contracts and the sphincters muscles relax to allow urine to flow. When the bladder is empty, the sphincters contract and the detrusor relax to control bladder appropriate way. You can stop or hold off urination by contracting the external sphincter, which causes you to control your bladder. Urine is stored, and the urge to urinate is temporarily stopped, as you wanted. As you continue to produce urine, however, the messages to and from the brain get more urgent, and the urge becomes stronger.