:-D I had the Green Light laser procedure on 1/28/2009. My stay in the hospital lasted about 6 hours from admission to discharge. I left the hospital with a catheter. The catheter was quite uncomfortable and there was blood oozing out of the end and also into the collection bag. I was able to sleep that night but only fitfully. The catheter was removed the next day in the doctor's office and I had to show that I could uninate while still there. I was able to finally dribble a little urine/blood into a bottle but it was quite painful. The doctor prescribed PHENAZOPYRIDINE which causes the urine to turn reddish brown. It did relieve the burning sensation after about 8 hours. By the fourth day I quit taking the PHENAZOPYRIDINE and was able to urinate normally with no starting and stopping and my bladder was completely voided. All in all I am very pleased with the procedure and can recommend it to anyone with BPH who has to get up 3 or 4 times at night, starts and stops the urine flow and cannot vooid their bladder. It's been just over a week now and I feel as though I never had any surgery. My life is completely back to normal.

I am 59 years old. I had the surgery just 3 days ago and am already very pleased with the results. With the exception of swollen testicles and a skin rash from the yellow antiseptic the doctor used to sterilize the area around my genitals I have had great relief. I elected to have the spinal block rather than the general anesthetic because I have gotten very sick after past surgeries under general anesthesia . It was certainly an interesting experience. I was paralyzed from the mid-chest down for about 5 hours. When the anesthesia wore off, I was soon walking the halls of the hospital with my catheter bag and intravenous bottle in tow. My doctor recommended an overnight stay. One interesting side-effect was that whenever I fell asleep that evening in the hospital I immediately got a partial erection which, with the catheter in place, was quite painful and kept me awake most of the night. As soon as I woke up, the erection went away. Weird! The following morning when my doctor came to release me he told me that was quite common. I was a little embarrassed but felt it worthwhile to pass on to anyone considering this procedure. The nurse (female of course) removed my catheter, I peed in a bottle and was released about 26 hours after the procedure.
All in all, I am very pleased with the results already. It is quite a relief to empty my bladder, sleep through the night and pee like a teenager again. Good luck to all who consider this procedure.