ok I'm reading most of these post and noticing that most of u r females. Well I'm ah male and I've been exsperiencing the same symptoms.the doctors keep telling me I'm too young for cancer and have run a series of test's and still have not found nething wrong with me.It's been about 3 months I've been dealing with this.I've lost over 25 pounds.It started off with pain in the left side of my stomach.which they had diagnosed as diverticulitus..I was put on medication for that and thought it had gone away.I had even passed out in my restroom due too the pain.almost 2 months went by and so I started eating regular again and then it came back,this time the pain wasn't as bad. but I had greeen bowel movements and had a constent irritaion in my stomach.some nights I wouldn't even sleep.I've been 2 the er at least 8 times they've done catskans on my stomach,xrays,blood work and even took stool samples.yet they find nothing wrong.I'm 26 years old and all the doctors tell me I'm too young ta be goin through this.I also have a beautiful daughter that I would like too see growup and the only fear in life that I have is for her to growup without her father.So if anyone can help me with some info or recomend what 2 do.It would be greatly appreciated thanku..and for all the people goin through this awful exsperiance..I feel for u and I'll keep u in my prayers.American healthcare is A freakin joke!!

Sorry you are having such a hard time.  Bowel problems are awful.  You probably do have diverticulitis of your Sigmoid Colon.  You may have to learn how to eat stuff that won't inflame your colon.  When the little pouch in the colon pops open a little hole, bowel contents can leak out into your abdomen.  It would be like having apendicitis but on the left side.  You may just have to eat bland food and get enough fiber for a long period of time to get well.  if you get high fever and pain, you need to go to ER and have a CT.  If you get blood in your stool or have tarry black stools, you need to see your doctor right away.   Healthcare sucks but It is worse outside of the US.  Hang in there.