So, much like many other ladies on this thread, I started Nuvaring with tremendous faith... Slim to no side effects, easy insertion, etc. I'm halfway through my second month, however, and yesterday I woke up in THE most terrible pain I've ever been in. It seemed, despite the fact that I still had the ring in, that my 'light spotting' had turned to heavy bleeding. I couldn't speak more than a delayed word or two, I couldn't stand or sit straight. I spent much of my time in the fetal position in the corner of my couch (or wherever I was at the time - kitchen floor, bathroom floor, you name it) sobbing uncontrollably. Took pain killers, used a heating pad, drank tea... None of my go-to's were working. About an hour in, I started vomiting from the pain, shaking and sweating uncontrollably. We were afraid I'd have to be taken to the hospital. I haven't had sex since I started the ring, but here I was, shaking and afraid that, by some oddity, I'd been having a miscarriage. I'm at my parents, and my mother brought up the fact that the local co-op in town had recently started selling CBD Creams and CBD Oils. She ran and picked up a small jar of cream and 300mg oil. There I was, still shaking and strapped in with my heating pad, looking for a miracle... and the CBD oil was it. I tried so many different things, but the ONE thing that finally got my contraction-level cramps to chill out was this oil. It took around 3 minutes for it to really set in, but once those three minutes were up, I really did feel like a miracle had happened. I was able to get up and walk and talk again, without needing to stop every 20 seconds to sob or catch my breath. 

For the skeptical out there, CBD Oil is a compound found in the cannabis plant. It lacks any THC, so it isn't psychoactive, (doesn't get you high,) or have any mind-altering affects. The oil is created from hemp plants, and has been known to treat high levels of pain, epilepsy, and several other disorders like anxiety, OCD, PTSD, etc. (Look it up - it's actually super interesting.) 

TL;DR: Terrible cramps, but painkillers and heating pads aren't working? Use CBD Oil. It's the only thing that worked for me, and I've never been more grateful for anything in my life.