i used this forum prior to making my decision as one of the ways to get informed about the medical abortion process and people's experiences. reading this forum on this site and others on the similar topics scared the bejesus out of me. i'm glad it did, and though my experience was positive and very different than what many of these people have shared, their negative experiences made me realize what i was possibly going up against and to truly dig deep within and be absolutely sure i wanted to go thru with the medical abortion. here's my experience. first off, i'm 30 with two kids - an 11 month old and a six year old. i am happily married but this pregnancy came at a very bad time. i won't get into it, as it's no one else's business, but it was right for us. one day, i will probably want another child, but not now. other than that, i'm 30 years old and very healthy and really no medical issues to speak of, ever. just a 'normal' healthy woman. my normal period is very mild and i don't get cramps (which may account for why i did not have a very painful experience), just lower backaches. when i called my dr.'s office, they told me they would not prescribe the abortion pill. so i found a planned parenthood in downtown chicago (near north side office) that would. there was a long wait to speak with the counselor on the phone but once i did that, everything proceeded smoothly. what she told me was short, to the point, and turned out to be true. i scheduled my appointment for a saturday and dreaded going every day leading up to the appointment. the day of: it was just the way they explained it on the phone. i arrived on time, filled out paperwork and was nervous. after about an hour of paperwork/waiting, i was called to go to another waiting room. not much time passed, and they gave me an ultrasound (yes, with the probe (inside your vagina), but big whoop - it was not uncomfortable at all and it's the best way to tell how far along you are) -- but because people either on this forum or another complained about it, i was aware before arriving that they may use the probe for ultrasound. the tech was quick and kind and told me how far along i was and then i was taken to another room (dressed, of course) to have my blood pressure taken, my temp taken and my finger pricked to see if i had positive or negative blood (i think the negative people have to get a special shot before taking the meds at the end, but i have a positive blood type so that was that). the only complaint i had was how rough the lady was who pricked my finger - my finger still hurts! it will be fine though. but listen, if my finger prick was the worst thing about this whole process, that is GOOD. then, the billing chick saw me and i didn't have to pay anything because my insurance covered it (i will have to pay a small deductible to my insurance co later though), then i went back and waited a while, agonizing about what it will be like, etc., and then was called in to speak to a counselor/dr who explained the process of taking the medication, the pain relief, what to expect, warning signs, etc etc, and answered all of my questions well. she then had me sign some paperwork and brought me into the 'recovery room' where i sat with two other women who were going to receive the medical abortion meds too. we all were given bags with our medication in it, and a tech/nurse spoke to the three of us together to explain our meds to us in detail. she had us open bottles and verify the correct number of pills were in there and then a doctor came over to talk to us in more detail and to administer our first pill, the mifepristone. i felt very organized and i understood the instructions. they then gave each of us a portable cd player with headphones to again listen to the instructions, to make sure we understood all of them. we were given water and could eat snacks while listening. after taking the mifepristone, i felt dizzy and sort of disoriented, but it passed in about 30 minutes. later in the day, i'd have little boughts of dizziness but it wasn't a big deal. i went home knowing i needed to make sure i had supplies and a comfortable place set up in my house for the next day's medical abortion, the part that had me really nervous, because i didn't know how my body would react. i recommend you have the following things on the second day for comfort: all your instructions, a phone, comfy pillows, blankets any remotes, a heating pad or hot water bottle (i started with a hot water bottle but switched to heating pad which worked very well), maxi pads nausea medication (otc) (it turns out I didn't need this), diarrhea medication (otc) (i also didn't need this), all four pill bottles from planned parenthood (the ibuprofen, the tylenol 3 with codeine, the misoprostol, and the antibiotic), a thermometer, a pitcher of water with glass, gatorade (or whatever you like), small snacks/fruit. so, i had my area all set to go by the next day. 30 mins before i was scheduled to take the misoprostol tablets, i took the ibuprofen, which they said was better for cramps to start out with. then i took the misoprostol bucally (between my cheeks/gums) because i was told at pp that it delivered less severe results than when taken orally all at once. I put the four misoprostol tabs in my cheeks and let them dissolve for 30 mins. after this, my gums hurt a bit, but they are okay now (four hours later), then swallowed the rest of the tablets. within 30 mins i had some small feelings that stuff was going on in my uterus, but really nothing much yet. within about one hour, i had some bigger cramps and aching, pretty bad chills, and tension in my jaw. i had a slight fever too, which is expected. the cramps that were the strongest were NO WHERE NEAR CHILDBIRTH, and were tolerable. the strongest cramps were probably a 5 out of 10 on my own pain scale. i also felt i had to go #2 a bit and eventually did but there was no diarrhea. within two hours, i took the tylenol 3 tab (they told me to alternate between ibuprofen/tylenol 3 every two hours). by then, i was tired and i had some small amounts of blood come out. by the next hour, i had changed my pad once and began to bleed more heavily and regularly with no pain but just constant aches (similar to my bad day of my period). i'm still bleeding heavily and aching, but the bleeding is normal from what they told me to expect). it's 4.5 hours later and i'm going to take a nap after i finish this post. my fever and chills are gone and i'm clearheaded again. my pain level now is more like discomfort and probably a 4 for me. the key is to be prepared, know what to expect, ask questions, be confident in your decision, and have support. i am a healthy woman with generally normal medical reactions, and this is my encounter. i'm posting this so that others get positive information about this process, instead of just negative, scary ones. i wish i had read more of these prior to my appointment! i wish anyone going thru this lots of luck! i probably won't check this again, so if anyone has comments, i won't be responding. i return to pp in two weeks for an ultrasound to see if my abortion was successful. in the event it's not, they will give me the option of taking more medication again, or scheduling a surgical abortion. they also told me the surgical abortion option would NOT cost more money at that point (something i didn't know and was worried about previously). if it doesn't work, i will probably opt for the medication again, as the nurse told me if it doesn't work for me (5 to 8 out of 100 people are not successful), a second time around with the medication should work, if the first round doesn't. i feel like i can go to work tomorrow too. we'll see what tonight brings, but i feel like it's working and i also feel much better then i thought i would.

My experience was not awful either I wish people would tell the truth about the medical abortion because the fear alone from those stories almost killed me. I took my pills today at 11am. They tasted gross dissolving in my cheeks, I was sooo eager to swallow them a half hour after. When I did that was probably the worst part of it. I immediately went to the bathroom and started to go #2 alot and dry heaved like 2 times, and began to sweat, I felt like falling asleep on the toilet bowl, but I forced myself to get to the bed and lie down. I layed down for about 5 minutes and then ran to the bathroom to start puking. I threw up about 6 times, all clear fluid like water, after I felt very relieved. I layed back down and was comfortbale and at peace. As I thought that was going to last the whole day. I had very little cramping til about 3pm when I started to spot, this happened for a couple of hrs, and then I had 2 episodes of about 10 minutes each of hard cramping on a scale of 1-10 it was like a 6, I took the pain medicine when i first started cramping and that made me feel pretty good and actually alleviated sadness. Then at 830 I released the clot, and I didnt have to push, or really feel it come out, I had like scale 5 cramps afterwards and here I am. Yesterday was when I was actually sadest taking the first pill at the doctors as she left the picture of the baby up on the ultrasound for me to see and I was actually 7 wks instead of the 4 that i thought i was, but all in all it was not a good decision for me to keep the baby, I could not care for it the way I would want to, realistically it is impossible to be a stay at home mom these days until your in your 30's. I made a mistake and shouldve stayed on the pill, but I was so concerned with the side effects of it, I had a friend who had a stroke from it, but I am now looking into the IUD's, and will definetly use some form of contraception from this point on. I thought I was infertile after 2 yrs of not using it and not getting pregnant. All in all if I had to recommend a method it would be the medicinal abortion, I felt very at peace being home, and also I was by myself and it wasnt bad I had my sister on call, my best friend, and my boyfriend...Lets face it these days we all have to work. I hope this honest and true account helps someone out there.

Well, i really wanted to get my story on my experience out there. 
I'm 18 years old and unfortunately i just had my second abortion. I am not someone who sleeps around. I have been in two long relationships and my first abortion was a Surgical. I was only 16 at the time and i was having sexual intercourse with my boyfriend and our condom ripped. I thought everything would be fine and tried to forget about it and hope to come on my period. This never happened. I had to tell my Mum, I didn't know what else to do, Luckily enough for me she was annoyed at first but very supportive. So i went through with the abortion and had the light sedation, it felt like i had just been asleep throughout the whole thing and all i experienced was bad period pains after, but all in all, it went absolutely fine. Yet again, unfortunately, two and a half years later I fall pregnant again, under circumstances I do not wish to discuss. But nevertheless, I was on The Cerezette Conception Pill, a warning to people willing to try it - only do so if you are going to be extremely precise with it, its so easy to mess up. I went to the doctors after doing a pregnancy test as i wasn't sure if I was pregnant or not as i had only remembered I took my contraception pill around 4 hours late that day, but stupidly I didn't think anything of it. Anyway I fell pregnant, went to the doctors and he asked and advised me about all the solutions etc. I found myself able to do the Medical Abortion, The way he described it I only had to take a pill and have a few pills inserted up the Vagina and that's that. I agreed to it and got transferred to my hospital about a week later. Later on a few days later I decided to 'Google' the side effects and the procedure. After doing so I was absolutely terrified, I read so many bad reviews and hardly any positive ones, by this time I was really scared. My first appointment lasted ages with a lot of waiting around and talking to several different nurses about the Medical abortion. I was then told to come back 4 days later to have the first pill for the abortion I was at hospital for about 15 minutes. Later that day i came on my period it was light at first. On the second night, the night before my last appointment my bleeding got heavier but i wasn't really having any period pains or anything to start with, later on that night i had these big lumps about half the size of my palm coming out with the blood, I was so scared by this point, i hadn't been told about these side effects at all, I panicked but I didn't want to get upset as someone in my house would know something was wrong. That night i couldn't sleep at all and i was constantly going to the toilet to release blood. I also got really bad back ache, but i don't think that was anything to do with the procedure. I went to hospital the next day for the second half of the abortion. I was there for about half an hour, the nurse inserted 4 pills inside my vagina and I went home. I drove home as I only lived around half an hour away from the hospital. For the next two hours approaching I thought they where going to be the most painful of my life, from what I had read. Luckily for me as I had no sleep the night before I slept for about 2 and a half hours whilst i was having bad period pains, on a scale of 1-10 these where at about 5/6. After i woke up i went to the toilet and I was releasing a lot of blood and clots. Later on from what i guessed everything had come out. I felt like absolute shite that day and after knowing what i had been through, I also had a holiday waiting for me 6 days after the abortion, I had an amazing time and i managed to clear my head about what had happened. My bleeding is still continuous, and its 2 weeks on now. The bleeding went to a minimal about 3 days after the procedure. I'm hoping I don't have to have the bleeding for much longer now, but like i said i'm only experiences minimal so I'm not changing my period pad at all during the day. I know everyone is different and has had different experiences with abortion but I have felt like after reading such tragic ones that I would like people to know my story.  

Hey I just read your post and totally relate to what happened to you. You wrote this 3 months ago... What did the dr. say when you saw him again? After my medical abortion, I was also bleeding 2 weeks straight with cramps subsiding daily (but still strong) and the dr. said I needed a surgical abortion the very next day to avoid infection. Infection?? I then had the surgical procedure, then researched what the hell he was talking about. Apparently, he failed to mention I was close to having septicemia from a fatal bacteria that's caused from an unsuccessful abortion (the non-rejected blood stays inside and can be fatal). PS, I had absolutely no one with me throughout the ordeal, just my shower and toilet to comfort me (seriously, they were my best friends). I must have stayed in that shower for hours just letting everything come out of me (from all ends, sorry to be gross). It was so horrifying to be alone too, honestly thinking that I would die and feeling my body rip apart. Reason why I'm writing this to you is because until now, I've never talked to anyone about how bad this drug can be for some people (SOME people). There has been a case where someone died, and her father wrote an article about her (Holly Patterson, she got septicemia). The people that work at these centers don't tell you ALL the effects of the drug, they only tell you the "successful" outcome, minus serious risks that can pose threat to MANY cytotec-takers. I really hope your bleeding stopped, and although I read this late I hope the dr. informed you of what could have happened. It would be really comforting to read your response, if you ever go back on this site...

I took my 2nd pill (4 actually) yesterday. i too was horrified by some of the stories I read online. Almost opted for the surgical but i was already 5 weeks and couldnt bear to wait another day. Would just have made it harder.
I went to Marie Stopes in Cape Town.Took the 1st pill on Thursday. They advised me to wait 48 hrs as opposed to 24 because the chance of successfully aborting was higher. So I took the other pills Saturday morning at 8.30am.
The nurse advised me to have breakfast of toast and coffee @ 7.30. told me to take 2 painkillers (which they gave me) @ 8am. And then to take the pills @ 8.30 am. Two hours later I was to take the other 2 painkillers. Generic. Dont know what kind. But big yellow tabs.
i followed her instructions to the letter. She advised me not to have any dairy or fruit for brekkie. I had buttered toast and coffee.
About 2 hrs later I started cramping. LIghtly... actually it was more like I needed to have a bowel movement. Obviously I didnt have a bowel movement. i went to the loo anyway. I noticed blood literally flowing... like pee into the bowl. Freaked me out a bit. The cramping never got beyond mild discomfort. Nothing that had me groaning or in agony. Luckily I had my kitty acting as a heating pad.
My partner wanted to be with me but I wanted to be alone. I deal with things better on my own. I didnt even tell him I was pregnant until the day after I took the first pill.
About 3 hrs after I took the pills I actually fell asleep... might have been the pain killers, but it was a blessing. I woke up about 2 hrs later, no cramping. I sat up and felt a rush of warmth in my nether regions. I was hungry. So I had some lunch.
Later when I checked my sanitary napkin it was soaked but not the way they warn you. It had been about 6 hrs by then. I changed the napkin. No clots.
Its the second day and its like a period. No cramps, no nausea, nothing. i was a bit emotional yesterday. When I took the pills but I had a long chat with my partner and im feeling better now.
I think this has brought us closer together. Or Im just very lucky to have someone who loves me so much he put my interests ahead of everything else.
So Im in bed. I feel fine. Cant wait for the 2 weeks to be over so I can hit the road. Im a runner; an athlete and the worst part of this is going to be not training until I go for my next appointment.
Perhaps I was lucky because Im not one who suffers from period cramps anyway. When I do its just a dull fullness in my tummy.

Most like everyone one here I also read up alot on the abortion pill which was a stupid mistake!

Reading up on it only scared the sh*t out of me! For every 20 bad stories there was only like 2 good stories.

If you think about it though most people will only jump to talk about a tragic experience before they jump to talk about a simple one.

It has been almost a year since I had the abortion pill and I am healthier then ever! Do not be scared! everyones body is different!

Also keep in mind everyone pain tolerance is different as well. some people crying over serious pain..that pain might feel like a normal period to you.

Heres my story..I went to planned parenthood march 9th a friday 2012 and got my ultrasound and everything I was 5 1/2 weeks along at that point.I took my first pill in the clinic. Now you had a choice to take the second 4 pills after 24 hours and had to take them before 48 hours passed or it wouldnt work properly. I waited untill sunday since I was freaking out horribly. Luckily for me my boyfriend stayed the night with me and my family was super supportive. I was crying and so scared of my outcome. All because I was reading horror stories online right before I took my pills. Well I finally took the 4 pills 2 had to dissolve on each side of my mouth. Then the waiting game...i dont remember exactly when It all started I actually fell asleep during the process. Which shows Its not to bad at all! IT was maybe slightly worse then period cramps. But they give you 800mg of ibprophen and codiene. Which then you feel almost no pain at all! The bleeding was just annoying after awhile there was just so much! but I luckily slept that whole night! I was almost scared It didnt work..After all the stories I read I was expecting something much worse..I always have bloodclots on my normal periods so I wasnt sure what kind of blood clots to be expecting. Sure enough I went to the doctor a week later and I was all good! everything passed perfectly fine! Of course I beed for about 2 months but it was to be expected.

One thing they didnt warn me about was my first period after the bleeding stopped.

I has some pains in my stomach which freaked me out but they said It was normal. So dont panic!

Everyones body is different and everyone pain tollerance is different. I am thankful this pill was an option to me at the time.

It was really great being able to go through this in my home wiht my family all supporting me.

I just recently went through the medical abortion pill procedure almost 3 days ago. I can say that it was probably the biggest decision I have ever had to make in so far in my twenty years of life. I cannot tell you how scared I was when I was that little plus sign looking straight at me early one sunday morning. Luckily, my boyfriend of 3 years and whom I share a house with was very supportive and agreed that at this time it is only best; my health has been very ill and being pregnant was something many doctors told me to hold off on until my health was stabilized. 

After I had found out I was pregnant, I called the local planned parenthood office and asked them for a referral to a clinic as they did not preform abortions at that particular office. Early monday morning my boyfriend called to set up a consultation, my first thought was to do a surgical abortion but to my surprise the area I live in does not preform surgical and in order to have a surgical procedure done as wanted I would have to drive over four hours. The pill was our only option at that point, so we went ahead and scheduled an appointment to see the Dr.

Before going to the Dr, I like many girls made the WORST mistake of looking up online about the pill. There I found horror stories, death publications, emergency scenarios, and certain side effects; all very disturbing and unsettling. I began to freak out, cry, break down, and even break a sweat over the matter. I had told my boyfriend what I had discovered and he reassured me that we would see what the Dr had to say about it. I visited the Dr, confirmed my pregnancy and discussed the pill and went over side effects and the rarity of infection, death, and any life threatening situations. The same side effects can happen by surgical abortions, and should not be solely focused on the pill. Many people post horrifying information about abortion online simply because they are against it, they want to scare you.

Two days later I returned to the Dr's to take the first pill, and handed me the four pills to place vaginally 24-72 hrs after. I was in and out of the office within 15 minutes. The first pill I took orally, and was warned that it could make me a bit nauseated and to make sure I tried to keep my liquids and food down for over 2 hours so I did not "lose" the pill. I did not experience the nausea and vomiting until the next day and it wasn't much different then the morning sickness I was experiencing for weeks. I inserted the four pills vaginally the next day, and awaited for the "worst." 

My boyfriend made sure he got off work the time I inserted the four pills so that he could be with me during the process, and also so I had someone there in case of an emergency. Within 30 minutes the cramps started to kick in, first they were subtle and then they became sharp and consistent. I'm not going to lie, there were times I wanted to cry; I was not prescribed any strong pain medication during my abortion so I had to rely on self perseverance and ib profen (4) 200 mg. The severe cramps lasted over 12 hours for me, and I found myself passing a lot of blood clots - none of which physically left me "Screaming" or in any sort of emergent pain; to be honest I couldn't even tell I was passing them because the cramps seemed to gain most of my attention.

At about 2 am I passed a pretty big blood clot and the cramping subsided and allowed me to at least get a few hours worth of sleep. I tried to pay attention to what was being withdrawn but seeing as the flow had been pretty consistent I couldn't really tell what was what. After the event, I woke up feeling different - I am no longer nauseous, I no longer have weird cravings or want to run away from the site of others meals. Today is day 3, I still have some cramping; sometimes strong but mostly dull.. and of course I am still bleeding. I have been checking my fever constantly and making sure I am healthy until I go back for my check up.

One can hope it was successful, and that I do not have to re-live it. Although it was what was best for us, I do care and wish the circumstances were different. I think its important to stress birth control and condoms though, although we used condoms I was not on birth control; something I am going to do after this. I go to see the Dr. soon, so we shall see. Hope my story could take some of the stress and worries off ur shoulders. Ultimately, everyone's body reacts differently.... one experience differs from the next.

I am 22 years old and just had a medical abortion (the abortion pill) and was terrified beyond belief.  I read all of these stories and many more on other websites.  Now that its almost over though, I feel numb but it was not close to as painful as I had assumed it would be.  On Saturday I went to the clinic at 8:00am where I was sent back and forth from the waiting room to different rooms to take a urine test, blood test (Rh positive/negative- just a little finger prick no big deal), pay ($500) and finally to have the ultrasound.  I definitely recommend bringing someone with you to the clinic- although he wasn't ever allowed to come back with me, it was nice having him there whenever I was sent back to the waiting room.  Also just knowing someone was right outside was comforting.  The doctor performed a vaginal ultrasound (which I did not wish to view) which was painless and took a couple minutes.  This confirmed that I was 5 weeks pregnant.  He stated that this was the perfect time to proceed with the abortion pill.  He simply gave me the first pill  - methotrexate right there in the exam room.  Then he said that I would have 4 pills of misprostol (Cytotec) which I should take on Sunday at 11:30pm.  He instructed I put two pills on either side of my cheeks or under my gums and let them dissolve.  Also 30 minutes before taking misprostol- take 1 Vicodin.  

I was very nervous for Sunday night, and after reading horror stories of girls having the worst pain imaginable, throwing up, on the toilet for hours...I was even more scared.  My boyfriend stayed with me this night and ensured I woke him up if I needed anything.  I took the Vicodin at 11, then let the 4 misprostol tablets dissolve in my mouth starting at 1130pm.  I was laying in bed, anxious for what might happen.  As they dissolved, the pills tasted a little chalking and I swallowed the little fragments frequently.  In about 30 minutes it was almost gone and I swallowed the rest of it.  Around midnight I started getting mild constant abdominal cramps.  Fortunately I was able to fall asleep until about 130am.  Then I was just awake because I was nervous.  I layed there uncomfortable.  But the pain was truly not that bad.  I have never had bad period cramps before.  My period is only a few days long and the worst pain I get is some lower back pain. Right at 300am I took another vicodin (its prescribed every 4 hours so stay ontop of that). I felt like I was leaking through the pad I had on but I was too scared to go into the bathroom.  I was nervous that everything would just come out of me when I stood up.  But around 3:45am, I went into the bathroom and sat on the toilet.  There was no blood at all on the pad.  I peed and then sat there for about 10 minutes and some blood was coming out.  It was similar to the heaviest day of your period.  From what I had read online- I knew to look for a sack of whitish tissue which would be the sack and embryo.  I massaged my stomach to try to help more blood come out.  I was having cramps during this as well, probably no worse then a 4/10.  I felt something a little bigger then blood come out and sure enough I saw a small, quarter diameter size whitish mass.  This was very emotionally difficult for me to see.  I felt awful just flushing the toilet.  I woke my boyfriend up and told him and he reassured me everything was alright and I just did it.  The cramps continued at a 4/10 but I was able to sleep finally.  At 6:30am I took another vicodin and slept until about 10:00am.  I stayed in bed half asleep half just laying there until about noon.  Now I feel ok, I ate something and emotionally its awful but physically my body is fine and I am not in any pain.  I have no plans for today or tomorrow just to make sure everything is ok.  

Any type of abortion is going to be awful.  It is emotionally draining and a very difficult thing to live with.  Make sure there is someone you can talk to about your feelings, even if it is just a help line that you find from planned parenthood.  But for me, 5 weeks pregnant and using methotrexate and misprostol (and vicodin), physically was not that bad.  

First tip: DO NOT READ everything online. It scared the bejesus out of me to the point where I wan't sure whether or not I could go through with the procedure. While it's far from pleasant, the whole experience was much less painful than I imagined. It's emotional and uncomfortable, but IT IS possible to get through it relatively unscathed. Definitely take the pain pills, be around people that make you feel good, get a heating pad, hot water bottle, and warm beverages. Stay hydrated. Some women likened the expelled tissue and blood to a murder scene; not the case. It truly is like a very heavy period. The hardest part is the emotional aftermath, regardless of what your reasons are for ending the pregnancy, for there are many lingering hormones that are working towards leveling out. Dont be scared. 

Hi!! i read evry1s post here 2day. i had also taken mifeprestone wid misopristol tab. on 27th of January 2013 bt i didn't had period till 31st jan den on 1st feb it bleeded heavily bt it was normal upto 3rd feb,i forgot to take the 2nd dose of misopristol then i took 1 misopristol tab. only on 4th of feb den i again started bleeding bt it is normal den after 2 days on 7th i orally took another miso. tab. and i m bleedeing till today,bt m not experiencing any kind of pain,cramps nothing bt i m afraid of this continuous bleeding althou itz normal bleeding bt it smells a little i use 1 napkin a day,my boyfriend is wid me he is suppotive and he belongs to pharma field so he suggested me abt the pills,i don't want to go to Dr. Is it normal that i m bleeding or i shud go 4 checkup.

Anyone in Chicago get this done without insurance coverage? How much did this cost you?

I went to chicago to get the pills earlier this week. (The planned parenthood on LaSalle charged me $435 - expect to be sitting there waiting for the full six hours though). All in all my experience wasn't terrible.
I arrived on time for my 11am appointment and after filling out some paperwork, was moved to the basement where I waited for almost two hours to finally be called into a back room for a vaginal ultrasound (which took maybe 10-15 minutes. Afterwords they took a blood sample, height, weight ect..then back to the waitingroom. 3 hours later I was finally called in back again to make my payment (the 435 -I payed cash). ThenI was sent back into waiting...finally I was sent to a recoveryroom to wait for the actual doctor to come give you the pills inbetween her doing the sursurgical abortions (try not to look at anyone back there , it scared the c**p out of me how zombieish they all looked). So she finally gives me the first pill and a bag with the follow up pills along with a few persriptions for pain and nausea.

My experience taking the misoprostol was pretty painful, thankfully I had filled and taken the nausea and pain meds the hour before I took it. My cramps and pain came only 45 min after taking it and I found the only comfortable position was sitting on the toilet while holding a pillow to my chest. I hadnt smoked pot in years but I gladly hit it a few times and knocked out 6 hours later with the pain completly gone. If you can somehow sleep through the first wave of pain everything else will be a breeze. Good luck!

Hey I hope you're feeling better since you posted. Did you mean to say that your boyfriend got you the pills, and not the dr? If the pain and bleeding is persisting until now, but you don't want to see a dr, go to a woman's clinic and see what they have to say. They might just check you out to see if the pills were successful. I totally understand if you don't like doctors, but if you self-medicated, just get a professional to see if you did it right.

I am not sure you will see this, or if you still check this website. But I am also 22 and about to have a medical abortion this Thursday. I am five weeks along as you were, and am absolutely terrified. This was a really hard, painful decision for me to make but I know it is what I need to do. I was just wondering how you are doing emotionally now that a couple weeks have passed? My boyfriend will be with me and is very supportive, so I'm hoping that will at least be a small help in what I am about to go through.

I am 28 years old, married, and no children. I have never been pregnant before in my life, nor have I have needed to have an abortion.Unfortunately, this past December, I had relations with my husband, then did not have my period come January. Started feeling nauseated February, found out from my primary care physician, that I was pregnant. I don't really want children, and neither does my husband. Not for religious reasons, not for any other reason other than we would just prefer to spend money on ourselves and travel.I didn't find out I was pregnant until i was 11 weeks along. (I have missed my period before without getting pregnant, so I didn't think anything of it.) I decided to have an abortion. I could only qualify for a surgical abortion at the time I found out. (I had the WORST day sickness from pregnancy. If I wasn't taking my nausea medicine precisely every 4 hours, I would throw up. On the meds, I still had a slight feeling of nausea, and it was very difficult for me to eat-I would feel full after eating so little.) I was scared as well, but after research, I found that it didn't sound like it was going to be all that terrible. I went with a clinic that was recommended by the NAF website. (http://www.prochoice.org/) I chose to go with the GENERAL ANESTHESIA, and the procedure was successful. I was in a dream like state, didn't feel much, ZERO PAIN. Afterwards, I threw up (foam is what it seemed like. It did not burn.) in the recovery room. 10 minutes later, I was free to go home. I experienced light, normal bleeding, and mild cramping. It felt more achy than sharp pain. The cramping was like a 1 or 2 on a pain scale of 10.DO NOT BE AFRAID OF YOUR CHOICE OR THE PROCEDURE. IT IS NOT AS PAINFUL AS YOU ARE FEARING IT WILL BE.There was a guy out front of the clinic (Protesters may be there, but keep their distance) with a light up cross decoration thing, shouting about praying. Annoying, but harmless.If protesters really bother you, you can always tell them to SUCK ON YOUR FREEDOM. As an American, both the protester and you have the right to do what you are doing without being harmed physically. f**k yea, freedom. f**k yea.Good luck to every woman/girl on here and any women/girls in the future to come here.