When I went to bed I felt fine, About 3 o;clock I woke up with really bad pain in my lower right abdomen. I could not pin point the pain but had to take tylenol and heating pad to feel a bit better. I have no idea what this was. Never had it before

The exact same thing happened to me early this morning. I woke up out of a sound sleep around 5am with intense pain in my lower abdomen. I couldn't figure out what it was considering my period isn't due for another 2 weeks, so it couldn't have been cramps. Anyone know what may cause this? This has never happened to me before and it kinda scared me.

Your abdominal pain sounds like intestinal spasm.It is very painful and can last several mins.Once you have these,they likely will continue.They are associated with irritable bowel syndrome.Prescription Anti-spasmotics will give very fast relief.