I'm 29 and have 4 children. Before I had children I never really got bad cramps during my period although I did have golf ball size clots. I've had pap's and they've always came up ok. Since having children, I now have periods that last 7-9 days and excruciating pain. The pain feels just like labor, the part of labor when you have to push and it feels like all your insides are coming out. Not only that, my blood clots have gotten bigger and are constantly coming out. I had trouble even working because I was on my feet all day and the more I'm up the worse and the more blood clots I have. I don't take birth control and I won't because they have all made me terribly ill when I have taken them. My husband and I use other forms of birth control. Every month I feel as though I have to be in labor for days and it's even worse when I have to go to the bathroom. What could be causing this and how do I help with the pain?

Did you ever get a reply to this? I'm going through the same thing and need help.

did anybody ever get an answer im going through it too

I have the same problems also. I commented on a new post today called sudden abnormal periods. It sounds a similar thing to this!! Hoping someone can answer that post to maybe help you :-)

I as well am going through the same thing. I truly hope this can be answered with a remedy.

I have the same issue its painfull omg

Hi guys, <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Hope I can help with some information.

I suffered for years with terrible period pains to a point that I couldn't even go to work. Every month I had to call in sick as I couldn't handle the pain on my belly back and legs. the pain was also accompanied by vomiting. It was a really bad experience and I really know how you feel. Sometimes people did not believe me that it could hurt that much whenever I talked about it. Whenever came close to that time of the month I would get scared. I had to be taken to hospital all the time and the only medicine that would easy the pain was buscopan with glucose ( injection). Once a doctor told me that I was having the same time of contraction as labour’s.

Anyway what you need is a cure not my history. I’ve done a treatment using diclofenac. The doctor prescribed me a 50mg for the first month 100mg for the second month and then 200mg. that helped me a lot.  There is another wonderful medicine that I used but unfortunately I think they only sell it in Brazil and is called atroveran. Taking fennel seed tea it also helps but you have to start taking regularly few days before you period is due.

I will try to remember any other medicines that helped me before. I’m 32 now and don’t suffer from period pain anymore. Thank god

A few years ago I had labor-like cramps that were caused by a fibroid in my uterus. It was also responsible for my heavy bleeding and acne as well. When I had it removed, all of the symptoms were relieved. Although most fibroid tumors are benign, it may be worth looking into as a possibility.

Here is a link to learn more about fibroids if anyone is interested.

***Post is edited by moderator *** Web addresses not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

Good luck everyone.

It sounds like endometriosis, which is what I have. Only diagnosed through minor exploratory surgery.

I am a mother of 4 and I have labor like pain usually the day after my heavy flow day of my period. I have no idea why, never happened before kids and I've been sent to the ER for the pain. The one thing that does help me is getting heat on my abdomen as soon as I feel the pain start. I've been known to sit in the car with heated seats when I don't have a hearing pad. Now, I keep a thema-care abdomen heating pad in my purse at all times. Hopefully this will help some of you.

I'm going through same thing all though I'm done having kids my tube are tied but yes, ever since I had my kids I have had bad cramps like labor and also blood clots

Vitamin E. Don't take it every day. I take maybe 1000 m in a pill once a week. The pain and the periods much better.

mittelschmerz. I suffered early on as a child. I had no idea what it was. I swore it was my kidneys. The pain would alternate monthly and sometimes I could skip a month. I went in one day telling the doctor about my issues and that I recently thought I might be pregnant. I told him all tests were inconclusive and that my pain came from my left side. As he checked he could not tell about the side the pain came from but he blurted out, "mittelschmerz". Monthly pain associated with ovulation.

When I was traveling in another country and got sick w these "conntraction" cramps, my friend gave me something called Ponstat. I believe in the US its called Ponstel. This medicine is given to women after birth for cramping. Only thing that has ever worked for me, I highly recomend it. Just dont take the Generic, it doesnt work the same. Stay Strong, our suffering is real.

I have the exact same problem, I had some worrys about my thyroid but after they did tests and ultrasound it turns out to be fine. They ordered an ultrasound on my uterus and turns out its polyps causing all the problem. I don't have the money for the surgery so I just double up on Super tampons and always foam pads seems to help. Good luck out they're ladies, tool me a few doctors to get this figured out