Hello. My cousin has been diagnosed with Meniere’s disease. I know that there is no real cure for this disease. However, I have heard that in some cases Acyclovir could help. Is there anyone here that was helped by this drug? I would gladly hear out what you have to say.

Hello. You have heard well. There is no real cure for Meniere’s disease. Conventional treatment mostly consists of lifestyle and dietary changes as well as Diazepam. I have heard some rumors about using Acyclovir in this disorder. But, this is still a controversy. Has your cousin considered surgery? Vestibular neurectomy is the most efficient. It cures vertigo and preserves hearing. He must discuss this with his ENT specialist. I hope everything will be all right.

Yes, you are right. It does not cure the disease, but Acyclovir helps to ameliorate the problem.
For more information, please visit ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed