I would really appreciate if someone would explain me what meniers disease is. I am afraid I got one… Thanks for information!

Hey,
Meniers disease is a condition for having the following 4 symptoms: 1. fluctuating (episodic) hearing loss, 2. fluctuating (episodic) rotational vertigo (a form of dizziness), 3. hearing sounds when there are no sounds, 4. feeling a sense of pressure in the middle ear, although this is not really a pressure (it sounds like an airplane is descending). I would also like to say that there is no possible way to selfdiagnose Menieres disease, because there are many disorders that have the same symptoms as meniers disease, so to be sure if you have one, you must see a specialist.

:D I'VE HAD MENIERES FOR 33YRS. ALL THAT CAN BE DONE HAS BEEN DONE TO ME. WHAT QUESTIONS DO YOU HAVE? I WILL TRY TO ANSWER WHAT I CAN

Edited by moderator***emails not allowed***please read our Terms of use at https://www.steadyhealth.com/terms.php

I think can help alot of you people out there that have this Diease.I now have it bi/laterial.All that can be done,has been done.If you have this Diease please contact me at **********I can also help you know what not to do.

edited by moderator***emails not allowed

is there a cure at all ? its driving me insane .. ive always been independent and at the moment i cant bare these days .. i'm spinning all the time .. all i want is my health back

:'( I have had this all my life, as long as I can remember. When I was a little girl it would last for up to 16 days. I just now got diagnosed with this, after just getting out of the hospital a week ago today.I couldnt even get out of bed.what can help me??PLEASE, I NEED HELP......

Hello
I have had Meniers for 13 years now. I was diagnosed at 16 and I do not believe my family really understood it. I have not taken any medications for Meniers or any other treatments, other then Gravol. I find having a noligable Doctor is key. I just found one and am about to start taking a drug called Serc. I am hoping this will help.

hello i am 14 years old and i belive i am suffering from the same thing as you are,i get a spinning sensation whenever i get up,and i lose my balance very often,i get very mad when that happens because i am very active ,and i like to move alot,i hope it gets better,i belive its called meniers disease or vertigo,im not sure bay it sounds alot like what you say :( :cry: :x

Has anyone ever tried colloidal silver to ease the symptoms?
If so, did it work?

I am 36 yrs old and was diagnosed with Meniers Disease on 2-22. I have been having dizzy spells on a daily basis. I have started to take a diuretic but so far doesnt seem to be helping. Can someone who has this tell me is this how life is going to be on a daily basis? I cannot even function at work anymore because i end up having to lie down!!! Please help with any advice!!

My husband was diagnosed in Aug. and is doing much better now.

Good luck to you all.

does this disease ever go away after youu ve had the hearing nerves injected with antibiotic to kill them in the bad ear.also will it be any worse than it is now if the process does nt work.

My meniers started when i was a senior in high school I went several years without any problems until recently. About five/six months ago the dizziness started again and ive talked to a specialist who confirmed the disease for me about two mo. ago. Have any of you tried the no sodium diet? It helped me until i became pregnant, but its hard to stick to now. water pills and certain meds helped with the verdigo part, but i now have dizzy spells pretty much every day. As far as work goes, good luck because people who dont have this problem dont really understand it and at my job they all think im am lying about it. Dont worry though, there are laws that protect your job, you just have to look into them. I always feel guilty for having to leave work , but when you are that dizzy, theres not much you can do. Just know that there ARE others like you out there suffering. good luck finding the help you need and deserve, because this diseas sucks. Oh, for the young active girl wanting to know if her dizziness is meniers. Before you diagnose yourself, make sure its not iron dificiency. That too can make one dizzy and off balance.

I was diagnosed to have meniers about 10 years ago. It's like a spell, it just happens wherever you are. I am still able to live a normal life, I am just always aware of what's happening, when I get dizzy or start hearing this high-pitch sound in my ear I stop and rest. My doctor prescribed Serc and I always have it with me, although I take it only when necessary.

hi/ just wondering about this disease as i have been to my dr so many times and no significant diagnosis well i have been feeling nauseated and dizzy for many many months and my aunty told me about her hubby hs got this and i looked it up and i have most symptoms...i cant go out for too long as i feel dizzy ad sick i am a very outgoing peson basically never home and nw i just dont want to go anywhere i am laid up so much..my ear rings and i have opain in it the dr is sending me t a hearing place and back to my ent pecialist but none of this is going to hsppen till next yr i need something done now its driving me crazy..do u recon it could be this should i suggest it to me dr...thanks donn