Hello.

I am 43 years old and here's my story:

Had problems waking at night feeling like I couldn't breath - that was about 2 years ago. Plus, had developed Meniere's Disease. Did not want to do allergy shots (took them for years off and on for allergies to mold, hay, grass, milk, etc.), finally went to herb doc and at the same time stopped all prescription meds and over-the-counter ones too AND stopped drinking milk - switching to almond milk and rice milk. Took Juniper Berries, Burdock, and allergy drops. Symptoms went away - even Meniere's Disease.

Well, since then, I finished those herbs and took different ones to keep me healthy, continuing to NOT take prescription meds or over-the-counter ones and NOT drinking cows milk. Did take Advil a few times for headaches. Throat problem came back and after seeing herb doc and new herbs didn't work, I finally went to my family doc. I had researched on the internet and diagnosed myself with LPRD (Laryngopharyngeal Reflux Disease). Had blood tests done to check my thyroid, neck xrays and ultrasounds of my neck, went to ENT and had flexible scope up my nose and down my throat. All results good. Did show small polyps on my throat around my thyroid, but ENT said they were nothing to worry about. Said he thought I might have LPRD, that I should start taking Prilosec.

In the middle of all these testings I had an unfortunate thing happen. The nurse who drew my blood, stuck the needle through the vein wall and caused inflammation in my arm. I went back there and they prescribed something for the inflammation saying it was basically a double dose of Aleve. Being tight on money, I chose Aleve.

Within three days of taking Aleve, and having been taking Prilosec for 5 days, my Meniere's Disease came back. I was devastated! I STOPPED the meds! The noise in my right ear makes me hard of hearing, I get confused like a person who wears hearing aids, AND a couple weeks later the dizziness and throwing up hit me. My husband gave me the Meclizine I had been prescribed a couple of years ago, and thank goodness it worked.

Saw the herb doc and started new herbs. Two weeks later got sick with sore throat and went back to herb doc and took another herb. Throat just hurt worse and now the right side of my tongue was hurting really bad. When I swallowed, it felt like the right side of my tongue was pulling my throat and ear. Don't know how else to describe it. My throat glands were swelling too. Herb doc explained herbs take longer to work. I didn't have time for the herbs to work, I was in severe pain.

Went to doc, he prescribed Naprosyn for the pain in my arm, and said my throat/tongue thing was probably acid reflux. He prescribed Prevacid for that. I stopped all herbs and took the Naprosyn first and the pain in my tongue/throat went right away. My throat glands were still swollen and two days later when I woke with the awful tightening feeling in my throat, I started the Prevacid. Just took my third dose of the Prevacid. My glands are still swollen. I'm still taking 500mg of the Naprosyn twice daily. My arm is 80% better, my tongue is 100% better as well as my sore throat. BUT, my throat glands are still very swollen . . . if I push on them, it cuts off my airway. AND, my right ear is constantly making the noise.

Think it is weird that all these things happened on my RIGHT side, except glands are swollen on my neck on both sides. Could the inflammation in my arm have traveled up causing problems with my tongue, throat, and ear?

Ok, sorry this is a BOOK - I didn't mean it to be one. I just want help in finding out why my glands are swollen all the time!

My friend said her mom's salivary gland was blocked, causing alot of the same symptoms. I'm going for another scope thing this Friday, will mention that to the ENT.

Thanks for ANY advice. Good luck to all you other people suffering with the feeling that someone has a hand around your neck and your airway will be cutoff at anytime!

Karen

I was wondering if you got relief from your swollen glands. I recently had a menier's attack (vertigo, vomiting) and noticed my left glad was swollen and painfull for a few days prior to the attack, and is still is swelled and sore to touch. I was also under a tremendous amount of stress and had eaten some salty soup the day the attack occured. My ENT does not think that the glands are related to meniers, but I am not sure I agree. Have you found out anything? Is anything you are doing working? I am trying to use more of a natural approach, but am yet to get this disease figured out.

Thanks,
Kathy

I don't think I have meniers disease. But I believe there is a correlation with my vertigo, swollen glands and the anterior muscles of my neck. I am trying to find a specialist to help me

Hi Karen,
I'm wondering if you've gotten any diagnosis/relief yet. Your symtpoms sound so much like me. I've been from doc to doc with no success. Looking forward to hearing an update from you.
Take care,
Cheryl

Hi Karen, Cheryl,
I researched for about 3 months and have seen many doctors. They all could not find any problem with me. I have the similar symptoms to yours. Have you found out the real problem and any solutions?

Thanks,

Judy

Hello Debbie here and it feels like nothing goes down and the other symptons such as clamping of my throat and when I clean my ears a whole bunch of stuff comes out. my Doctors dont do nothing either! we should start a potion and send it in. lets get some ones attention on this and we suffer with this disease or sickness. Sincerely Debbie

Debbie and all,
I can relate to you. I have been suffering with pain down the throat - like something stuck and pain all over ear, throat and cheek.

I too have been seeing all docs u can name 3 ENTs, 2 PCPs, 3 Dentists, 2 Oral-maxillofacial, 3 CT Scans of head and neck - u name it. No joke if I say I spent $8,000 out of pocket, and not to mention not working for past 1 Year.

My 1st ENT visit said Sinus problem. I told him I feel it in the ear and throat, not head/nose - he insisted and I got sinus surgery done.
After surgery, for 2 weeks kept saying you will get better - I mentioned I am getting lot of stuff out of ear, he wouldnt believe nor vac the ear. For 2 weeks collected a lot of hard stuff - like flakes of choco - pale brown - that I had been getting out of ear. He said there is nothing more he could do..huh

Went to different ENT - scoping blah - nothing found wrong

Then went to PCP again - CT scan for salivary stones, nothing there and 3 months of trials and nothing improved - she also gave up

Then went to Oral - CT scan of head and neck - contrast & no-contrast - nothing wrong

Went to 3rd ENT of the year - says is Stylohoid problem - some muscle that needs to open some air passage below tongue to throat - not functioning right, and as you all say - Prilosec......how sick...for its been 3 weeks and I feel nothing different. I forgot to mention that he gave some injection in neck to reduce pain ($500) and made no difference.

It is much better to get hot on the road in an accident than have to live this way.

Whatever this sickness, it is costing me dearly both economically and socially.

God save all of us and those pitiable docs - and not to mention all that money that goes to research on diseases - what a colossal waste
mailto:chainlu@yahoo.com

I just recently started having the same symptoms that you are describing. I've been to the doctors several times in the past two weeks and they continue to say it's anxiety. They want to drug me up with all kinds of meds. This does nothing for the symptoms. Some times it feels as if my mouth is extremely dry and I can't swallow and it feels as if my tounge is swollen. My ears and cheeks are bothering me as well. I have a headache that doesn't want to go away and lots of tension in the neck. I am constantly moving my chin. Do these symptoms ever go away? I can't sleep and I am having panic attacks because of these sensations.

Add another sufferer. Swollen glands, feels like I can't swallow sometimes, am taking Prevacid which helps a little, but still have swollen glands and difficulty swallowing.

I might have missedthis part but all of those symptoms can b correlated to autoammunie disorders. I wontname a particular one because so many symptoms are the same. Start with labs have docs due a full profile for inflamation, do it more than once , my original diagnoss was serum negative RA and Lupus has recently added, labs were good then bad and visa versa, several sets of blood work and urine were required to make a definitive diagnosis, still working on symptom control but is a place to start.

Did anyone find any answers for this symptom. I have same problem. Ive been diagnosed w Menieres. Have serious neck pain headaches foggy brain and oalpirations. Recently chest pain and YES the middle of the throat something stuck feeling been taking pecid ac. Let me know if youll figure it out

I have same problem. Don't know what to do