I have a friend that is always into something interesting, at least. This time she is studying Reiki, an alternative medicine, I would say. Luckily, no one is ill; she just said she tries to see beyond the thinks most of us look at. And I respect that. But, has anyone been cured of an illness by Reiki?

I think you are missing the point here. I mean, when some grave illness happens, usually all the doctor can do is subdue the symptoms and hope for the best. All the minor conditions are cured, but colds and flues pass on their own, after a while, only if you are older, these mild conditions might complicate. So, Reiki through channeling energy is trying to heal and restore the balance in our organism, and this is something that has to be tried in order to realize and grasp what it actually does.