I have been dealing with chronic gastritis for two years.  I take ppi's and domperidone.  I also suffer from Gerd and have an inflammed esophagus.  I am recently experiencing nausea and more stomach pain.  I am wondering if this is partly because of the meds I take.  Has anbody experienced this from taking these types of meds?

Has anbody been cured of chronic gastritis or Gerd?  If yes, could you please share your remedies?

While I have not been entirely cured of either yet, I do have acid reflux and minor gastritis. I have had gastritis since December (the stomach bug went around, but never quite struck me, but instead left my stomach inflamed) and acid reflux for a while now...but was not diagnosed until December. I began to have acute nausea, which went away for a week, but returned. I stopped both my medications, prilosec and metaclopromide, after only a few days, seeing as they made things a lot worse for me...and have been taking the natural route. The prilosec gave me more reflux than I had before, and it made my nausea worse. the metaclopromide gave me panic attacks, and I later found out that it was a higher dose than I needed. i never went back to the doctor. IF YOU CAN, I HIGHLY SUGGEST GOING OFF THE MEDS TO PREVENT REBOUND IN THE FUTURE. I understand the importance of some medications, as I am going into the medical field, but if they seem to be doing more harm than good...please do not make your body suffer. A lack of acid in the stomach is actually far more dangerous than an excess! Ever since I started going the natural way, my symptoms eased off and have almost disappeared: -Keep as hydrated as possible. I never knew how much of a difference that extra few glasses of water made until now. Water is essential for the body, and it is the true gem of life. Carry a water bottle with you, preferably with oz. marks so you know how much you're getting. Cut your body weight in pounds in half, and drink that much. Ex: 100 pounds / 2 = 50. 50 oz. of water. -Stay true to the six small meals a day. It keeps the stomach going and regulates acid. -Refrain from eating less than two or three hours before bedtime. -KEEP BUSY! As much as it may not feel like it, always having something small and enjoyable to do helps keep your mind off of symptoms and helps you mentally. -Here's one that you might find kind of weird, but...juice! Invest in a good vegetable/fruit juicer if you can, or juice naturally. One to two ounces of cabbage juice mixed with two ounces of apple juice. Once in the morning. -Boil some ginger in water, let it sit for a while, strain and mix with some honey and lemon. Yes, lemon, that acidic little fruit. I am not telling you to squeeze half the lemon in there, just a couple squirts. Believe it or not, your body is smarter than many doctors make it out to be. It has created an overproduction or underproduction of acid for a reason, and if you introduce a slight amount more, your body will not go haywire...it will level things out OVER TIME with steady introductions! Have this concoction about an hour after eating your last meal of the day. -Do NOT let yourself be hungry for long. It is damaging, believe it or not. Keep snacks everywhere, and make sure they are HEALTHY. Gluten-free, preferably. I will get to that later. -Lower anxiety levels!!! Stress = Inflammation = Terror. Do whatever you need to, just chill! -If you find that a food does not agree with your body each time you have it, avoid it for a time. Everybody's body is different. But PLEASE, try the food more than once to see if it is truly making your stomach upset. -Avoid taking unnecessary medications. There is ALWAYS a natural route to things. -Slowly cut refined things out of your diet, from white bread to some pastas. There are SO many alternatives on the market. Stick to whole grains, leaner meats, veggies, and gentle fruits so there is not a lot of pressure on your digestive system. -Try incorporating gluten-free foods into your diet. Why? It is easier on the system as a whole, and will give your insides room to breathe...rather than drowning them in processed carbs and making them swim through. Having a little gluten a day to maintain tolerance will not hurt you unless you have issues with gluten. If you wish to, go completely gluten free! Do the research. There are massive amounts of delicious gluten free foods on the market, like quinoa, soba noodles, even gluten free crackers...just to name a few. -Make sure you are having healthy bowel movements, at least every other day. Constipation is highly dangerous, and can result in toxins leaking back into your body. Do not make your body into a clogged septic tank. You are almost sure to have reflux that way. The material in your body needs somewhere to go, and if you are clogged up, the material will sit there. -If your nausea and stomach pain are overwhelming and are preventing you from going through life properly, go for OTC medications like Nauzene, Emetrol, Sea-band products for anti-nausea (I love their ginger gum). Try a Tums when you absolutely NEED it. Natural alternatives? Natural ginger candy or even raw ginger to chew on. Take a tablespoon of honey or agave nectar when you feel discomfort. Remember, it is also possible to be nauseated and pained because of hunger or thirst! Stick a warm washcloth on your abdomen and lay down, get comfy and all. Most of all? Remember that you are going to be OKAY! It is not likely to go on forever. Take it day by day. Don't be afraid to tell people what's wrong, and find a support group. I'm here for you, personally, because I would not wish this terror on anyone. All I have left to do on the list is go a bit more gluten free, and get some more water in me. I will also be going to a naturopathic doctor if all else fails me. Don't give up, and do your research. The human body was not made for illness, it was made for innovation. :]

Thank you so much for your advice.

Thanks and I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy

had gerd for about a year, i would cough everyday in the morning fro a few minutes, cut back on coffee, spicy foods, elevated pillow at night, main thing, fro me was to stop eating before bedtime, tried to have as little food in stomach at night,while sleeping, also took 2 Tums before going to bed, to reduce stomach acid, then ate less quantity of food per meal, ,,,i've never been over 170 lbs, by the way, so i never over ate,, only ate at the wrong times , Gerd is pretty much cured, unless i screw up and eat too much before bedtime,,hope this helps