Hey everyone,
I've been an opiate addict for many years.  Three years ago, I FINALLY got sober and stayed that way until last summer. Without the hows and whys of what happened, I relapsed once again. It all started like every other time: a lortab or two at night to make facebook more interesting, to in 3 weeks, snorting 100+ mgs of snorting oxys and taking a handfull of clonidine.  By the end of last summer I was desperate once again, and looked for an EASIER WAY OUT.  I had heard about the Suboxone treatment, and a nice brand new shiny "Treatment Program" had just opened in my town. "APPLEGATE RECOVERY" as they call themselves is just a suboxone/subutex mill, but at the time it seemed an answer to what I wanted: something quick, especially without the horror again of the detox of opiates.  Hindsight being what it is, I am sorry I went down the road.  Yet, it did help me initially, allowing me to quickly jump back into the mainstream of life, getting employed with a good company that paid well, moving to exotic places, and I went to meetings.  So, it all sounds rosy except I now want off this treatment, and I feel this is going to be a real beast.  I was on suboxone 8mg tablet and had successfully for awhile got my use down to 1/4 of the tablet.  It now had been fluctuated to 1/2 or so a day.  Today, after a long discussion I had with the doc, for the first time I am now taking Subutex.  I know the difference between the two, so no need for a lesson on what their differences are is needed.  What I am looking for is this.  Have you been addicted to Suboxone/Subutex AND are now free from it.  How did you do this?  Tell me how you tapered down.  How long did it take you to taper down in a realistic fashion?  I have to get off this sh*t, and I need some help doing so.  I am so angry with myself for being so stupid to be duped into this, but like I said, at the time when my thinking was really bad, I wanted the way that I thought would be very easy.  Please help if you can, even if you are still taking it like I am, what are you doing to get off? 

Hey man - I am in a very similar situation - much like yours so I won't bore you with the details - how are things coming?

i started on 14mg of subutex and within 6 months i reduced down to 0.4mg as i got told it would be easier to detox the lower dose ur on. dont come down of them to quick though as u could relapes. so it was time for me to detoxs i was scared but ready for it,im now 8 days into my recovery, well the first 4 days was was really uncomfortable, sleepless nights and back pains but luckily i was not vomiting at all. 5- 6 day started to get better i was eating better and sleeping better 7-8 day is much better, i feel more comfortable sleepin better not really that achy anymore just left with a few lil symptons like a runny nose so i think now each day is just going to get beter for me now, :) just stay strong and keep busy as much as u can, if i can do it im sure you can do it, good luck to everyone who is detoxing

Hi, I am curious, did you get off this drug? How did you do it? I have been pleading with my husband to get off of this c**p. He says he "needs" it. I am not too familiar with the drugs use, purpose or effects. It was my understanding it was a "temporary fix" and he would be on it for a maximum of 3 months. It is now going on 3 years, maybe longer. He already did the transition from the one to the other like you described.

You have to go at least 12 hrs but they suggest 24 hrs with nothing, then you can be clean in 31 days. You