Hello! I have been having problems with my migraines for almost two years. I had a car accident and I suffered really serious head injuries. Fortunately I recovered completely in a month. The only problem I have is a severe headache, which usually occurs when I am tired or when the weather or air pressure changes. My doctor prescribed pain killers. My sister told ma I should try alternative therapies such as Reiki. I have heard many different opinions and good and bad experiences regarding Reiki therapy and I don’t know what to do.

Hi! You are right, there are many different opinions regarding alternative medicine in general. Many people said they felt a state of deep relaxation combined with feelings of peace and security after Reiki treatment. Most people say it increases immunity and reduces pain. Many of them had emotional releases and felt really better after the treatment. There are also many testimonies on healing by Reiki but there is no scientific evidence to prove that Reiki really heals. Also, I know people who tried Reiki once and had no reactions at all or had even headache and dizziness. I think it depends on the practitioners and on the person’s belief system. I see Reiki as a technique for stress reduction and relaxation and I don’t see the reason why you shouldn’t try it. If you don’t like it try something else.

I would not recommend Reiki because I think its origins are concealed in lies and I do not trust the stories. Although it is said to be only good, I have had negative experiences with it and I know others who have, too. I was a Reiki II practitioner for 1.5 years, but I have now renounced it.
For your type of injury, I think you would benefit from some bone adjustments and cranio-sacral work. The accident may have put your bones out of line, which will make your alignment off. Getting your alignment back will help. Still, you may have some muscle memory of the pain, so you will have to retrain your muscles to relax for long term benefits. This type of retraining is best done in the mind, so you may need to visualize or remember or release the fear that you experienced during the accident. Flower essences are great allies in mind spirit healings. Also, you must be willing to give up your pain. Sometimes people identify with their pain and fear (sometimes without realizing it) that giving it up will be a loss (perhaps in pity or attention or disability check). You must be willing to accept what will happen if your pain changes. Dehydration and lack of proper trace minerals can be a problem in headaches. Pharmaceuticals can be very dehydrating (even their research has stated it) and mineral robbing. Dr. Batmangelij has written books about chronic dehydration, but the solution is always the same. Water (1/2 oz per pound of body weight) and a good quality sea salt (1 teaspoon per gallon of water per day) will fix so many ailments. I rarely get migranes now, only when I have contact with a couple of things that I am allergic to or if I become very angry. Realize that some pain in this world is designed by the dark spiritual forces to demoralize you and make you feel hopeless. You can simply let these forces know that you are not willing to be their victim and that you will continue to live a good life, despite their attempts to harm you.
Sometimes chronic pain can make a person depressed, so make sure to take care of yourself mentally. If someone who loves you notices some differences in you, listen. Never take SSRIs, though. They can be impossible to get off of, they can make a person homicidal or suicidal and they can deplete your seratonin levels permanently. Give yourself time to heal and be gentle with yourself. Avoid thinking that you deserve the pain and that you are being punished.
Finally, look for the positive in this situation. I have found that my pain experiences usually lead me to learning compassion for other suffering people. They often teach me paitence and tolerance, too.
I hope you find some peace with your situation.

I would be interested to know what negative experiences you have had with Reiki? I am considering getting into it more but would like to be informed of any negatives.

"Reiki" itelf means the positive energy!!!!! It does not have any negative effects or rather you wont get any negative experience once you start practicing it. :-) Keep smiling n think positive!!! :-)

This is going to sound strange, but i had a session of reiki. I was relaxed on the couch when the practitioner was talking to me-i felt deeply relaxed, and strangely during the session my body shook as she centered around my head. I then felt-and this is weird, an entity place a rectangular metal object into my hand. It didnt feel good. I woke up relaxed ect, and thanked the lady. Ever since that day (2 weeks now) ive been feeling severely deppressed, teary and have had angry outbursts. is it me or was it the reiki? As ive read that reiki is meant to treat deprssion-not cause it.

In reply to nancynicola - I recently had a session of Reiki and I too had a very strange sensation in which my eyes would not stop fluttering and spinning around. The practitioner also felt this. When it all finished we chatted about it then I left feeling relaxed and happy. When I got home, my mood started to drop and I instantly became angry and bad tempered, dropping things and getting really frustrated with myself. Following this, becoming emotional and tearful thinking about the anger and how it affects my 4yr old.  Its only been 2 days since the Reiki session and it does seem to have lifted a bit this evening but i ran nearly 3 miles this morning thinking about how angry id become; I think this might have helped. The practitioner I had says the Reiki should not have made me feel this way, but its worrying!!

i wont be having it again!

nancynicola wrote:

i wont be having it again!

i also do reiki, been very happy for years. I had another practisioner reiki me and give me a thai massage, 2 weeks on, by back is worse and i have been feeling realy depressed. I have tried to reiki my self and for the first time in 2 years its not working. I spoke to her reiki master and she has advised me to stay away from this lady but cant tell me why due to confidentiality. Ive been advise to ground my self and to nearly close my shankras, nothings working! My reiki has always made me stong and a happy person, im wondering what this woman could of done thats was so wrong as i have reikied over 100 people in my years and never has any one felt like the way im feeling

Good Reiki practitioners should be explaining the possible early after effects better, I believe that if Reiki is given properly around 65% of people should feel worse after the first session, this is because the underlying issues that have caused the physical symptoms are coming to the surface to be released. By the end of the second session onwards then you should start to feel much better. I hope this helps, please don't give up until after the third session.

I too am interested in your comments? What are you referring regarding the history of Reiki being a lie? I dont trust anything either, but have been looking into Reiki! I have studied its beginnings, but please elaborate on that and what are your negative experiences? Some of the others have also described negative experiences, which could have resulted from not so good Reiki counselors? But anyways just wondering since I am considering studying it

I am a Reiki Master and have been giving Reiki for six years or so. I have never had a negative experience. Sometimes while giving a treatment emotional releases come out, repressed memories, sometimes they will hear guides or passed family members. It can be a scary thing for a client with out reassurance and someone there to help them through it could scare a client away from Reiki. But as a practitioner it is my duty to be their for my client in a caring, nonjudgmental, empathic person. With guidance and talking about the experiences it can be a very powerful healing of the body and spirit. I have never had a negative experience and have witnessed healing on a physical as well as soul level that is just miraculous. 

Hey you can go for reiki therapy. it realy works. :)

Please do not suggest that Reiki could just be "tried." Beyond the ubquitous praising found on the Internet, there are serious problems with Reiki energy.

Working with someone who has sustained severe head injuries and has these complaints, I'd want to be darn sure I knew what energies I was working with, both with the person, and the source.

Hi, I to have had a negative experience with Reiki after doing my Level 1. Came home a nasty, vacant person with a loss of my abilities in seeing/hearing the Spirit world. Renounced the attunements within a week and the old ways returned.