Users comments and reviews on article Colloidal Silver: Benefits, Risks & Side Effects by Dana Fenton

I think I'd actually read some interesting stuff about this and I'm really glad to hear that it's been banned for over the counter use because it is not something that people should be using, at least as far as I could see. I had heard about it like I said but I didn't even know it was still in use or that it still was around at all. It sounds like an old timey cure for something like dropsy or something. XD

Though I understand concerns about side effects, but personally, when I've used colloidal silver in small quantities it has been incredibly effective with no side effects. (Also most pharmaceuticals these days have equal or longer lists of side effects.)
I've used Colloidal Silver to get rid of an eye infection (I used a lower PPM- parts per million), an infection on my elbow from a nasty scrape that was getting red and having pus (sorry, gross I know but that's what infections do) and after having a mole removed recently and it was starting to get infected. I use it externally, apply several times a day and though in the immediate area it temporarily stains the skin (as would iodine), it clears up the infection within a couple/few days and then heals on it's own. I've also taken it internally when fighting off poison ivy (but it was in conjunction with a number of natural remedies so I can't know for sure the role of Colloidal Silver alone.
I wouldn't use it for extended periods of time in massive quantities but for external and short term use, I've found it inexpensive, painless and effective with no digestive side effects of oral antibiotics.

thanks!

someone involved in the health insurance industry would not be a reliable source of information for me.
if we were to actually analyze the exhaustive list of side effects by drugs prescribed to us everyday, common sense could only lead us to conclude that most natural remedies are not promoted due to the simple fact that us being healthy citizens, at no profit to pharmaceutical companies, would be catastrophic to the bank accounts of the few who count on people getting sick and enduring long, painful treatments in order for them to buy their private jets

people are still using colloidal silver even in ghana Accra to be prices but they have change the name and are selling to thousands of ghanians. Please help.

This is the first comment I have read on this page I actually agree with.

My family has been using CS for over 10 years, including our pets. In fact there have been a few instances where the CS worked on our pets when the prescription medication failed. I have actually witnessed a friends dog cured from parvo using only colloidal silver.

Colloidal Silver does NOT cause Argyria (blue skin).

When making Colloidal Silver, some misinformed individuals use tap water (high in minerals and other junk) and/or salt.

The result is Silver Chloride and NOT Colloidal Silver!

For much more information, go to the History & Uses Link: and follow the links at the top and bottom of the pages for the information you're looking for & other references.

There are Silver compounds that can cause Argyria, like silver chloride and when reported, colloidal silver is included in silver compound list.

Please do some serious research, do not take my word for it or anybody else for that matter, find out for your selves. You need to sort the truth from the efforts to ditch CS by the pharmaceuticals.

Please think about it, there is no profit in Colloidal Silver for the pharmaceuticals as it cannot be patented and is fairly easy to make at home, so they have a vested interest in banning the use of CS. Look around today, is it not painfully obvious as to how money buys anything you can afford from the government? The influence of money and power is staggering.

Silver impregnated into the bandages used in ICU for heart surgery patients to ward off infection and various other creams, etc. used by hospitals.

Also look for "scientific research on colloidal silver" and you will find many reports not mentioned by people that just want to ditch CS from Universities, accredited scientists, etc.

"Colloidal silver appears to be a powerful natural antibiotic and preventative against infections. Acting as a catalyst, it reportedly disables the enzyme that one-celled bacteria, viruses and fungi need for their oxygen metabolism. They suffocate without corresponding harm occurring to human enzymes or parts of the human body chemistry. The it is the destruction of disease- causing organisms in the body and in the food."

"The presence of colloidal silver near a virus fungus, bacterium or any other single celled pathogen disables its oxygen metabolism enzyme its chemical lung, so to say. Within a few minutes, the pathogen suffocates and dies, and is cleared out of the body by the immune, lymphatic and elimination systems. Unlike pharmaceutical antibiotics which destroy beneficial enzymes, colloidal silver leaves thew tissue-cell enzymes intact, as they are radically different from the enzymes of primitive single-celled life. Thus colloidal silver is absolutely safe for humans, reptiles, plants and all multi-celled living matter."

"While studying regeneration of limbs, spinal cords and or~ in the late 1970s, Robert 0. Becker, M.D., author of The Body Electric, discovered that silver ions promote bone growth and kill surrounding bacteria. The March 1978 issue of Science Digest; in an article, "Our Mightiest Germ Fighter," reported: "Thanks to eye-opening research, silver is emerging as a wonder of modem medicine. An antibiotic kills perhaps a half-dozen different disease organisms, but silver kills some 650. Resistant strains fail to develop. Moreover, silver is virtually non-toxic. "The article ended with a quote by Dr. Harry Margraf, a biochemist and pioneering silver researcher who worked with the late Carl Moyer, M.D., chairman of Washington University's Department of Surgery in the 197Os: "Silver is the best all-around germ fighter we have.""

"The following is a partial list of the more than 650 diseases that colloidal silver has been used successfully against: acne, AIDS (Reference 8), allergies, appendicitis, arthritis, athlete's foot, bladder inflammation blood parasites, blood poisoning, boils, bums, cancer (References 2, 4, 7), candida, cholera, colitis, conjunctivitis, cystitis, dermatitis, diabetes (Reference 1), dysentery, eczema, fibrositis, gastritis, gonorrhoea, hay fever, herpes, impetigo, indigestion, keratitis, leprosy, leukaemia, lupus lymphangitis Lyme disease, m~ meningitis, neurasthenia, parasitic infections: viral, fungal and bacterial pneumonia, pleurisy, pm~ prostate pruritus ani, psoriasis, purulent opthalmia, rhinitis, rheumatism, ringworm, scarlet fever, septic conditions of the eyes, ears, mouth, and throat seborrhea, septic~ shingles, skin cancer, staphylococcus and streptococcus infections, stomach flu, syphilis, thyroid, tuberculosis, tonsillitis, toxaemia, trachoma, all forms of virus, warts, whooping cough, yeast infection, stomach ulcer, canine parovirus and other veterinary uses, and all fungal and viral attacks on plants. Simply spray diluted silver on the leaves and add to the soil."

=============================

To those that believe no evidence is necessary and to those that do not believe no evidence is sufficient.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

@healthfitnessguy...really? you may just want to go back to eating your fruit loops and watching faux news...Silver Genie: I couldn't agree with you more. Thank you for your post. I have used colloidal silver over the years and it has been extremely effective in reducing and eliminating colds and flu symptoms. In fact, I haven't been sick with a cold in years. There are a multitude of natural healing herbs and remedies that have never been "approved" by the FDA and are therefore considered "dangerous", including things like essential oils which are made from plants and flowers, yet the FDA IS responsible for the leniency or lack thereof in the toxic chemicals and pollutants found in almost every personal product in the grocery store from deodorants, shampoos, toothpaste and dish soap...don't even get me started on pesticides and and other cancer causing toxins dumped onto our food supply. Don't think because it's it's for sale in the store that it's healthy for you, and don't assume that all natural remedies that actually assist in eliminating the root cause of illness and dysfunction are better than a pharmaceutical pill you pop that's manufactured from non-natural ingredients. Why do you think you need a pill for side effect of every other pill? You can bet the pharmie industry is not going to lay down without a fight, but what people don't know is that there is an abundance of natural things that work, maybe not as fast, but a whole lot safer. Hmm, this means less money for a HUGE industry. They just pulled Kombucha off the shelves for example. Absolute nonsense.

GREETINGS,

I need major reconstructive surgery soon. I have one kidney left due to getting shot 6 times. As you can see am alive. My Hmeopathy suggested to take colloidal Silver before surgery for a week and I believe after as well. You seem to be Knowledgeable about the product. Please if your are qualified as it seems your are give me your opinion. Thank You Joseph

Greetings Silver Genie

Flat earth society or Big Pharma Shill? You decide!

Right. Those jets do not grow on trees, either. What the people need, and what they are getting, are medicines that are marvelously profitable, but minimally effective. Best of both worlds.

I totally agree! I have had shingles 8 times. First time when I was 4 years old. I also have had fever blisters my entire life. I started using CS over a year ago and not only no recurrence of shingles, no recurrence of fever blisters, no colds, flu or allergy issues!!!! I researched the company who makes the CS I buy. I recommend CS to everyone. My husband and I used while traveling to Europe, neither of us got sick. LOVE this product!!