My aunt claims that bee propolis products can help someone who has Multiple Sclerosis stay functional. Everything she says sounds interesting and what she says even makes sense but the catch is that she sells these product at her health food shop, and this causes me to be a bit suspicious of the truth of these claims. Can anyone tell me more about this?

Your aunt is not alone in these claims - and many people with Multiple Sclerosis have said that these products, as well as the so called "bee sting treatment" have really benefited them, and reduced the symptoms Multiple Sclerosis would normally cause them. There is no reliable evidence to suggest that these products work though.

Hello there tully813,

First of all I am so sorry that your aunt has been diagnosed with MS. Unfortunately my mother has been diagnosed with this condition few years back so I know how difficult it can be for a family member to cope with this.

My mother is also using propolis for the symptoms of the MS and it seems that this helps. I have heard also about "bee sting treatment" but we haven’t tried this one. Basically you are doing what you can to help your aunt. Unfortunately as time goes by the symptoms of MS are getting worse. Last year my mother has developed nystagmus and there is no treatment for this. Hang on and good luck.

Help Please:

I am suffering from M.S. since three years ,it has influenced my right leg but inspite of not effecting my work ability which was biomedical engineering status in a private hospital in Turkey , I am fired from my work so I want to be treated as no one in Turkey hires me because of this illness ,please help me to re-cover my illnes. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

take a medicine called LDN people say it helps

I've just started taking it for my MS, so we'll see if it helps. I follow the Overcoming Multiple Sclerosis programme - a strongly evidence-based programme devised by an Australian professor with MS, and based on a 37 year study showing that people on a very low saturated fat diet have much slower disease progression.

The programme also consists of supplements, stress reduction and exercise, and is not against taking disease modifying drugs if you need them. The website's a great resource and there is a handy summary of the programme 

I agree with the LDN guy - it is meant to help a lot of autoimmune conditions.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Hi everyone,

any update on the use of propolis?I have alopecia areata and have been taking propolis before I was diagnosed. I know that propolis helps boost the immune system. But for people with autoimmune condition, will this 'boost' cause a positive or negative reaction (more aggressive attack)?

Hi EliLee,

One of the keys with MS is to stop your body attacking itself. I have never heard it said that bee propolis will actually encourage your body to attack itself more (i.e. your body doesn't see bee propolis as a foreign invader that needs attacking). On the other hand, the jury's out on whether it actually helps.

There is lots of strong scientific research that meat and dairy are things that your body sees as foreign invaders when they become incorporated into the cells of your brain and spine, and that when your body attacks these cells, they form MS plaques.

I couldn't recommend highly enough Overcoming Multiple Sclerosis, which is a lifestyle approach to recovering from MS. Diet is a big part of it, but also supplements, exercise and stress reduction. 

Any questions let me know by replying to this, ask on the OMS website forum or join the Facebook community page.

Take care
Chris

Thanks Chris for this useful information. The 2 page summary is very useful and the logic appeals to me. I'm thinking about how seafood feeds into the whole picture. I'm already gradually changing my diet to something similar. Thanks.

In indonesia propolis also used as a amazing herbal therapy.... many of them out of the suffering

"AUTO IMMUNE" WAS COINED BY THE DRUGLORDS TO PUSH THEIR PRODUCTS ON A UNSUSPECTING WORLD. THEY ARE THE MOST SINISTER GANG OF KILLERS THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN. MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON THEIR SOULS.