Hi. I'm 34 year old male and I'm very worried for my father’s health. You see, just recently he has been diagnosed with some mild pneumonia. During his stay in hospital they incidentally found that his blood levels of sugar are pretty high and after it- he was diagnosed with some diabetes type II.
I really don’t know anything about this type of diabetes but I know that doctor prescribed him some Metformin medication and I was just wondering should he take this drug along with insulin or what. Can someone light me this up!?

Hello. I will tell you some facts about this diabetes you’ve mentioned. You see, when we talk about diabetes type II you must know that we are talking about one non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus, which means that he doesn’t have to take insulin all the time.
Metformin is used to regulate blood glucose levels. Its primary role is to reduce the amount of glucose absorbed from food through your stomach. I will tell you also something about possible side effects that could occur when you're using this drug. You could expect nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, or diarrhea at the start of therapy. Some people experience abdominal bloating or increased gas production.

Yes it can be taken along with insulin. I know this for a fact because my friend takes both daily per her doctor.