I have just been getting these really really bad side cramps on my right side its like if you moved wrong and it hurt for just a monuet but it lasts for 3 mins or more it is SOOO painful. I wonder whats wrong. Im way out of shape and just had a baby 4 months ago. Also when I go for a walk or stand while doing the dishes My back , where I had my Epodurial, hurts SOO bad can that cause damage? and whats causing my cramps?? Anyone please help!!

Being out of shape can predispose a person to muscle cramps. Postural imbalance as a result of carrying a baby on the same arm all the time can cause cramps to occur on one side of the body. Electrolyte imbalance such as low calcium and magnesium can also predispose a person to muscle cramps. Get an electrolyte profile done on your blood. Have a bone mineral density test done on your hip and lower back to rule out possible osteopenia or osteoporosis. Take daily calcium and magnesium supplements together with vitamin D if you are deficient in these minerals. Calcium citrate is the preferred form of calcium as it is highly absorbable. Perform daily aerobic and resistance exercises to get yourself in shape.