Hi, my 20 yr. boyfriend has had all kinds of health problems but recently he has had muscle spasms frequently. Normally the spasm used to occur every other month. But now it has gotten to the point to where if he sits up or stands he has a spasm. I can see the pain in his face whenever this occurs. He is inactive, drinks his 8 glasses of water every day, healthy appetite, insomiac. He was premature, if that matters. I don't know what to do except insist that he takes his pain medication (Doan's).

I have muscle spasms in the upper back/neck area. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and RSD.
The last doctor I saw put me on Magnesium supplements (300mg 2X's daily). I think these are helping somewhat.
He may be low in a vitamin or mineral and may want to be tested. Some people have these sorts of problems with a potassium, calcium, vitamin , etc deffiency. It would sure be worth a try.