I was wondering if it is possible to get gout but still have low uric acid levels? I am aware that there are a lot of people on this website who are very knowledgeable on this subject so I hope that I have come to the right place. If this is possible, can you tell me more about this? Thank you!

I am sure that there are variations in the level of uric acid that gout patients can have in their bodies, but gout is caused by elevated uric acid levels, and therefore what you are suggesting is a contradiction in terms. If you work on lowering your uric acid levels, then your gout will probably disappear or be less bad in direct proportion to the lowering of uric acid levels!

I still get gout attacks with a uric acid level below 2.0!! I'm on uloric 80mg over a year now.  And now I'm on colcrys one every 12 hours.  so experts... figure that one out.  giusto616, your not wrong and maybe the contradictions is with all this expert information.  I go to the Arthritis Center of Reno and they can't figure it out.  I will say this though, I have not had an attack since doubling the colcrys, but that is alot of med's.  One last point... I do watch what I eat very closely.