Hey everyone, I know I should see a doctor but I don't want to be bother them if it's nothing. But for last few months I've been getting really horrible sensations while walking to work. It's only a 30minute walk and I've always been quite healthy. Basically, while I'm walking I'll start to feel really tired, dizzy, when I breathe in, the air feels cold on the back of my throat, my hearts pounding and my chest feels incredibly uncomfortable. I'm 20 years of age, but all my siblings have already had problems with their heart, murmurs, angina, a hole in the heart etc. there is a long line of heart disease in the family. And I hoped if I sort of kept healthy it would (fingers crossed) skip me. I've never been to worried about having anything wrong with me and I'm not the type of person who will easily go to the doctors unless I actually feel like im on death door. But today it happened really bad, I thought I was going to collapse. I had to sit in the cloak room for 30minutes before I felt well enough to start my shift. My heart was racing, it felt like it was going to pound right out my chest. The worst of it was I couldn't breathe, every breathe I took felt like I was sucking in and swallowing ice. I've never had any real health issues set for one which is non-alcholic fatty liver disease. I hope someone can help, Thanks.

what you just described is VERY serious. any condition in which you are having difficulty breathing cannot be taken lightly, especialy when your having any sort of discomfort in your chest including but not limited to tachycardia (rapid heart rate) as you described. those two symptoms alone should have been enough for you too realize that you need to leave work immediatly and seek medical attention, but when you and in the fact that it is genetic my concern only grows larger. without a proper medical examination it is impossible to be sure but it sounds like you were experiencing a mild heart attack. call your doctor right now (DONT WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW) and describe to them what you posted here and i can promise you one thing and that is that they will undoubtedly want to see you the same day.  that being said it is possible it is a less serious condition BUT YOU WILL NOT KNOW UNTIL YOU SEE A DOCTOR. ask yourself this. what would i rather do?  see a doc and find out i need help. see a doc and find out im ok. or not see the doc and end up dead at 20 yrs old. IT IS NOT A WASTE OF YOURS OR YOUR DOCS TIME TO HAVE THIS LOOKED AT even if it turns out to be nothing. i have been studying emergency medicine long enough to know and have SEEN FIRST HAND that the ones who wait are the ones who die.

I have to agree with Derek, I am relativly fit eat well never smoked drank etc etc,4 weeks ago i had tight chest and felt off I was at the dr the next day, had my BP tested and an ECG and all was fine he felt it was symptoms attached to a cold virus I had.Then last week nomore chest pains but now terrible shortness of breathe from doing normal stuff I do everyday, I just had a chest xray and in the morning am having everything tested in the blood,liver, lipids,iron all the heart ones.It possibly for me is iron levels r too low like before but I aint sitting round waiting to keel over on the floor because I thought Id waste the drs time. You possibly could have heart issues then again it cold be pluracy, or even like me low iron stores,GO TO THE DOCTOR. Dont ask the web.Good luck and be sure let us know results.